Product Manager, Internal Data Products
Build the foundations for understanding Stripe.
Stripe is the best software platform for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars every year for millions of businesses around the world.
With all this data, the Data Science team is looking for a talented product manager to help us build and manage business critical data platforms servicing the entire organization. If you are data curious, excited about designing highly scalable data platforms, and motivated by having impact on the business, we want to hear from you.
As a Product Manager for Data Science, you’ll be responsible for building out Internal data products, Experimentation platforms, Scalable data models, and APIs. You’ll be part of the Data Science team and collaborate with our Data Science, Product, Engineering, and Business teams.
Our ideal Product Manager has led technical products or large-scale data platforms, has extreme attention to detail, concisely communicates complex concepts, and is equally excited about 99.9999% reliability and data quality as well as beautiful product UX and API design.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Built APIs, products, and complex data systems at scale
- Experience working on a large scale Experimentation, Personalisation, or Targeting platforms
- A computer science, math, or science degree or software engineering experience
You may be a fit if:
- You’re a creative product thinker who loves collaborating across the company with engineering, data science, design, and more
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of end-user problems
- You have a track record of building successful Customer Data Master, Experimentation, Personalisation, or a Targeting platform
- You have experience managing technical software products from kick-off to ship
- You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or hunting down the root cause of our platform user’s frustration
- Beyond just shipping new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement and can optimize for shipping a portfolio of small, medium and large releases
Some things you might work on:
- Build Customer Data Platform by collecting, curating, mastering, enriching, and presenting a single view (or a golden record) of our users to business applications and other Stripe product teams.
- Work on our centralized experimentation platform to make it a core part of how Stripe makes decisions about improving our product experience and operations
- Improve our data visualization tooling and platform to democratize data access and create dynamic tools and reporting
Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet. Businesses of all sizes—from new startups to public companies like Amazon and Salesforce—use our software to accept online payments and run technically sophisticated financial operations in more than 100 countries. By helping businesses accept payments from anywhere in the world and accelerating the economic shift from offline to online, we aim to increase the GDP of the internet.