UX Designer Technical Sales Specialist (Graduate Co-op)
Coppell, Texas, US
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This is a supplemental co-op position for a User Experience Designer within the IBM Global Solution Center in Coppell, Texas.
The Global Solution Center is a world-class client center where teams of Industry Solution Architects and Specialists bring IBM together to accelerate solutions to help clients innovate and address their most challenging business problems. This person will work with team members and clients to create high quality proofs-of-concept and generate technical sales assets for the progression or close of solution sales opportunities.
- Design and conceptualize the actualization of complex systems of engagement with in-depth product-, technology-, or industry-related specialized skills in support of client opportunities, including Proofs of Concept and sales asset creation.
- Leverage creative and artistic design skills to bring solution and solution messaging to life for clients.
- Demonstrated User Interface and visual design skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of visual design, product design, and prototyping.
- A strong design portfolio for review (quality over quantity).
- Understanding of quantitative and qualitative design research methodologies.
- Knowledge of contemporary design tools including Invision, Abobe CC, Sketch, etc.
- Basic Motion Graphics skills with Adobe After Effects or other animation software.
- Front-end programming skills are a plus.
- Knowledge of iOS/Android/Material design system.
- Understanding of Agile and Design Thinking.
- Experience with ideation and conceptualization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, working well in teams, and quickly adapting to new technologies.
- This co-op role will work in the Coppell, TX IBM office. You should reside in the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area.
- You must be actively pursuing a Graduate technology degree, preferably in Design or related area.
- During the school year, you must be willing to work a minimum of 20 hours per week, and up to full-time during school breaks.
- Fluent in English
- IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for these positions, now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future employment-based visa sponsorship.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 6 months' experience in interaction design (work or classroom).
- At least 6 months' experience in analyzing client needs, requirements, and expectations (work or classroom).
- At least 1 year's experience in written, verbal, and visual communications skills.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Design thinking Front-end InVision Product design Research Sketch User experience Visual design