Sr. Product Designer
Senior Product Designer - Location: Remote, US or Canada
We're looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our Partnerships Zone. This team collaborates and co-creates alongside the world’s top SaaS companies to leverage the power of Zapier in new and meaningful ways to delight our mutual customers. This is a key strategic initiative at Zapier. This role will play a key part in solving new challenges that broaden our reach. Are you excited to work on challenging problems with a team of designers, product managers, and engineers? Then keep reading!
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
You are a skilled UX designer. You have at least 7 years experience designing and building software product experiences for end-users and have shipped design for a product used by millions of people.You have a strong user-centered approach when making design decisions, and you back that understanding with compelling design solutions. You’re excited to face complex, technical problems and turn them into delightful moments for customers. You are able to quickly build up an understanding of all experiences and touch points that go into delivering value to our customers and you help your product teams with product roadmap planning and prioritization.
You know how to conduct research and leverage data. You enjoy learning from customers, and you’re comfortable scheduling, participating, and facilitating time with them regularly to clarify or validate assumptions. You’re experienced in multiple research methods. You communicate what you learn with your product team/squad, and work with them to prioritize and iterate on solutions. You know how to measure the results of your work, test it with real users, and understand its downstream effects.
You're a skilled written communicator. Zapier is a 100% remote team and writing is our primary means of communication. You'll use written summaries and reports to communicate design thinking, rationale, findings, and next steps to other designers, product managers, engineers, and the full Zapier team. You know how to tell a compelling story in a concise way.
You are self-directed and process driven. At Zapier, we believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves. You’ve had experience helping improve systems that lead to measurable outcomes.
You help others grow. You realize that there are learning opportunities for you when you teach others and help them grow. You invest time and attention to sharing what you’ve learned on your journey, and help guide and support others on theirs.
A Product Designer’s Role at Zapier
Zapier is a small, fast-paced, and rapidly growing company, so you'll get experience with a little bit of everything. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Lead the creation of delightful user-centered experiences by adhering to established design patterns and helping to build upon and deliver improvements to existing patterns.
- Conduct user research and synthesize results and communicate findings to your product teams.
- Champion and teach others UX best practices to ensure we’re all making informed design decisions together.
- Help drive towards the goals of your product teams and understand how the team’s goals connect to the company goals and impact company metrics.
- Lead discussions on UX/UI problems, and present alternative solutions to problems based on your understanding of user needs and business needs.
- Request feedback from Design Team members, assigned product team members, and other teammates around Zapier through asynchronous or synchronous communication.
- Collaborate and share work early and often. Create clickable prototypes or provide links to assets with your teams for feedback and to conduct usability testing.
- Prioritize your design workload based on a clear understanding of the product team and company goals.
- Provide support to other Zapiens, spread knowledge, and develop the team outside of any formal reporting structures.
- Help to maintain the Zapier Design System and ensure our team is using it effectively.
- Deliver high quality, complete designs, and specifications for large, complex projects alongside PMs and engineers.
- Help to onboard other designers and welcome them to the team.
- Be a mentor to other Product Designers to help them level up their design skills.
For the past nine years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have a big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: United States or Canada
Our team of 350+ is distributed (remote) because it lets us work with the best people. We have team members that live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! While we can hire many roles in locations anywhere in the world, some require specific timezone fits.
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to UK, Canada, and US-based employees.
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.