Hatfield, Hertfordshire, UK
Posted 1 month ago
“Ocado Technology, powering the future of retail through sustained disruptive technology innovation...”
Over the last year, we have witnessed a major transformation for Ocado Technology and the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP). From weathering the pains of customers placing their first orders, to offering an online retail solution that has helped rocket our business to the FTSE 100. Not only are we ‘live’ and successful for a major retailer but we are well underway in realising our vision in becoming the leading retail online platform provider, with four of the world’s leading retailers already on board.
The new Ocado Smart Platform Analytics team will act as a ‘centre of excellence’ driving data-based decision-making across Ocado Technology, spanning all five of our OSP development streams (eCommerce, Logistics and Supply Chain, Fulfilment, Retrieval Robotics, Handling Robotics). We’re looking for ambitious, creative problem-solvers who can challenge convention and make an impact.
- Value - Identify the fundamental metrics / KPIs behind OSP, and the levers that drive them
- Architecture - Understand where data resides, who owns it and how it is used throughout the platform, and identify opportunities for improvement
- Problem solving - Combine multiple data sources and modelling techniques to unlock new insights
- Data democratisation - Empower teams with the right tools, reports and guidance to leverage insight to make better informed decisions
- Craft - Share best practice analytics techniques across Ocado Technology
You may be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review.
We're interested to hear from you if you have:
- Can-do attitude in a fast-paced, complex and often ambiguous environment
- Strong bias for action and impatience for improvement
- Commercially-aware and user-focused - ability to understand needs and identify priorities to unlock value
- Significant demonstrable experience in a Data / Business Analyst role
- First class / 2:1 degree in a highly numerate subject
(e.g. Computer Science, Maths, Physics, Engineering or similar)
The Essential Toolkit:
- Analytics 101
- Problem solving and modelling techniques
- Large/complex datasets, SQL and Python
- Data-warehousing strategies and best practice
- Business Intelligence platforms e.g. DataStudio, BigQuery, Tableau, etc
- Statistical analysis
- Tool / report building
- Active listener
- Ability to simplify the complex and tailor output for any audience
- Able to bring different skills and personalities together to deliver great outcomes
The Bonus Toolkit:
- Advanced Analytics: Machine learning and simulation
- Domain knowledge: Ecommerce, Supply Chain, Fulfilment or Logistics
What we can offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.