Director, Visual Design UXUI
Culver City, CA; Plantation, FL
Posted 1 month ago
We are seeking a world-class Visual Design Director to join the Platform Design team to translate our brand into 2D & 3D design across multiple platforms. This position will provide creative leadership for our visual designers and artists, setting the bar for thoughtful, high-quality spatial design. A born collaborator, our Director works closely with brand, interaction designers, product managers, engineers, and leadership to understand requirements and iterate through challenging dependencies to a stellar user experience.
Candidates should have 10+ years of experience in front-end design with 3+ years in a leadership or management role and be both passionate and academic in solving next-generation spatial design.
- Set the vision for how our brand and platform strategy manifests into first-class visual experience on and off device
- Drive design deliverables for core apps, operating system, interaction, contextual learnings, website and enterprise app store
- Manage and grow a small team of visual designers and 3D artists, providing mentorship and creative leadership in conceptualizing and articulating ideas
- Work closely with platform design leadership other departments to see our design standards make way into every element of the brand, product and platform
- Manage flawless translation of concepts to on-device prototypes; manage execution quality against prototype
- Collaborate with product, ID, solutions and software teams to solve complex UX and UI design problems, meet customer requirements and acceptance criteria, and elevate user experience practices.
- Demonstrate category understanding, competitive landscape and challenge the team to do simple beautifully, while also establishing our brand signature
- Establish and enforce, alongside Director UX, a design process that embraces innovation but holds design accountable to usability KPIs and the validation/invalidation that research brings. Our approach to design must be more than beautiful, it must win us long term confidence.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about developing new interactions and experience flows for new technology, and evolving platforms--AR/MR enthusiasm is paramount
- Fundamentally collaborative design leader with a big creative vision and a not-so-big ego; capable of working well with others and doing the work themselves
- Talented designer, possessing a stellar portfolio of visual design systems, as well as UI and motion design for platforms including mobile, 3D applications and/or games; you should be able to point to a successful customer-facing (enterprise or consumer) brand experience
- Experience in/understanding of what it takes to win with an enterprise client
- Managed the rollout of visual systems internationally
- Accustomed to working on UX that spans multiple platforms, and offers a seamless experience offline and online.
- Experience designing against the unique challenges of immersive experiences, spatial design (AR/MR) and strong category understanding overall
- Inspiring people manager and strong communicator; you’re interested in developing team talent, but always willing to get hands-on in the design work
- Must have the ability to think and design in 3D, as our visual design team works closely with prototypers to realize UX/UI in the world
- Experience using Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator and/or other design tools
- Comfort and experience working with software or game development teams (unity/native)
- Professional, responsible, flexible and extremely reliable
- Strong working knowledge of Agile Scrum practices.
- Strong on-screen typographic sensibility
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- BS in HCI / BA in Graphic Design / BA in Interaction Design or Digital Media / Equivalent industry experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.