Senior Product Designer
Posted 1 month ago
We're looking for a talented Product Designer to join our Product team in Helsinki. You will be working closely with two other experienced designers and the whole development team. If you have a strong understanding of the product design process and a passion to deliver an outstanding experience to enterprise-level clients globally, you might be the one we’re looking for.
Who we are
We’re Happeo - a diverse team of passionate problem-solvers, working hard to connect companies through the power of community-driven employee communication. The diverse team means an international environment of more than 30 nationalities in the company. We are proud to be named one of the hottest young scale-ups by The Next Web in 2019, and it is our dream to make work a happier place by bringing people together through a happy digital culture.
You are joining a Series A phase growth company – which means you’ll reap the glory of bringing us to the next stage and change the way the business world communicates. There is no complex hierarchy. You will be joining a company with highly skilled, smart people who enjoy achieving top results.
What you’ll do
As a Product Designer at Happeo, you’ll be responsible for the end to end process of delivering a high-quality product. Here are some examples of what you might be doing on a daily basis:
- Identifying the challenges our customers are facing
- Interviewing users and researching for deeper understanding
- Conceptualizing possible solutions
- Validating solutions as early as possible by testing your prototypes
- Presenting your design decisions to various stakeholders
- Extend and up-keep our design system
- Ensuring the quality of the development team’s outcome follows the designs
- Continuously improving the product based on the feedback we receive
You will have the ability to shape your role based on your strengths and ambitions. We believe everyone should do what they do best, and decide which way to develop themselves professionally.
What we’re looking for
Since you’ll be taking part of the whole design process, we appreciate T-shaped designers: You have clear understanding of all parts of the puzzle, but might have one or two stronger skills than the others – may that be either research, visual creativity, creating simple user flows, structuring the system or something else.
As a designer, you
- Have at least 3 years of experience designing digital products
- Have a passion for simplicity and clarity in your designs
- Understand a product designer is not an artist – it’s about serving the customers and making their life easier. Empathy should be an important part of your skillset.
- Have a systematic approach to your design work – keeping the layers organized and well-named is not an issue for you.
- Keep asking “Why” and focus on continuously improving the product
- Are curious, and constantly want to learn and develop yourself as a designer
- Speak English fluently
- Are a strong team player and have good communication skills
Ideally, you live close to Helsinki or are willing to relocate. If you’re super-talented, full-time remote-work can be made possible.
What you’re getting
- A competitive salary
- Healthcare benefit on top of your salary
- A fun position without the stiffness of the corporate world
- An office in the heart of Helsinki with smart and supportive colleagues
- Flexibility in exchange for your responsibility
- Possibility to work remote
- You’ll pick your own tools and some other great benefits
If you believe you’re the person we look for, please introduce yourself. We prefer a portfolio with a few detailed examples of your previous work rather than a list of everything you’ve done so far. We will fill the position immediately when the person we are looking for is found.
For more information about the position, please contact Product Design Lead Sami Vuori firstname.lastname@example.org.