Senior Product Manager - eCommerce
Hatfield, Hertfordshire, UK
Posted 1 month ago
“Ocado Technology, powering the future of retail through sustained disruptive technology innovation...”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using advanced artificial intelligence, robotics, big data, the cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond. With everything from websites to highly automated warehouses that we design in-house, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies, working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast- growing company: today we have colleagues in 7 development centre across the UK and Europe, with offices open in London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Barcelona (Spain), with a satellite office in Stockholm (Sweden).
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
As Senior Product Manager
You will lead a group of Product Managers within Ecommerce Shopping Platforms Mobile product area, partnering with the engineering teams and working with relevant stream stakeholders to define, realise and deliver great products for our clients. This role partners directly with the Development Manager sharing accountability for key decisions, achieving commitments to the delivery plan and providing constructive challenge to focus effort on the missions that are important for Ocado Technology
You will have responsibility for;
- Partners with a Development Manager and is the go-to person for a broader product area within OSP Ecommerce Shopping Platforms
- Responsible for developing and managing a high performing team of Product Managers within a stream, breaking down goals and delegating into clear plans
- Actively ensures that the Product vision is and continues to be fit for purpose
- Role models behaviours and actively applies Ocado Technology principles daily
- Provides product knowledge and a sound understanding of customer needs and capability requirements, signposting to technical knowledge where needed
- Understands overall platform performance & how products support this including interdependencies with other systems
- Monitors progress against goals, looking for ways to improve the product & make adjustments based on strategic goals
Insight & Innovation
- Actively looks for opportunities in creating incremental value when achieving set product goal commitments
- Develops a good understanding of trends, patterns and feedback to continuously refine the product roadmap with Solutions and other key stakeholders whilst delivering client requirements
- Sets culture of pace and innovation, empowering teams to deliver fast to accelerate learning
- Sets expectations within Technology for pace of delivery required to achieve platform goals
- Maintains a list of planned work, linked to a goal, and its order of priority for delivery purposes at an appropriate level of granularity
- Support Product Managers to scope & prioritise stories to maximise business value using products
- Maintains teams focus on delivering value, balancing multiple requirements & schedules
- Facilitates the agile processes and removing obstacles in workflow wherever required
- Manages users and stakeholders effectively to gather feedback to continuously refine the product roadmap
- Builds strong relationships with Ocado stakeholders - establishing methods for getting user driven feedback via Solutions
- Creates alignment between Client, Design, and Engineering across multiple teams
- Collaborates with PMs/DMs in planning sessions, challenging appropriately to meet product goals
- Liaises with the stream Product function to share knowledge, define the realisation process and policies that govern it
- Recommends product improvements based on analysis drawn from data, systems and customer behaviour
- Evangelizes and embeds best practices in tracking, analysis, and data-driven problem solving across multiple teams
- This role description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties.
We’d like to hear from you if you have..
- Lead and role model the Ocado Technology behaviours daily
- Manage others effectively, coaching, giving feedback to support development
- Build high performing product teams working alongside engineering to execute and deliver vision successfully
- Highly organised and able to plan, manage, track and deliver effectively
- Assertive but diplomatic and have a bias for action, collaboration and optimism
- Proactively solve problems, helping to make decisions and build recommendations by interpreting data and insight from multiple sources
- A great track record of working with engineering and design teams so that people will always want to have you in their teams
- Experience with managing products built by engineering teams
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas, including product management, engineering, UX/UI
- Managing others effectively and supporting development
- Proven ability to plan, mange, track and deliver on commitments
- Ability to lead and direct your own and others work to achieve objectives
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Defining product roadmaps, building collaboratively with UX design and Engineering peers
- Familiarity or experience with the development of software in Ecommerce space
What we can offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.#LI-ZB1