Product Marketing Manager, Competitive Intelligence
Posted 1 month ago
Together at Talkdesk, we’re building a future of brilliant customer interactions. We have the cleverness, curiosity, and grit to make us a team of customer heroes: thinkers, achievers, and dreamers who believe that our world-class SaaS platform can influence a new kind of customer interaction.
Talkdesk started from a hackathon win and within five years has become one of the fastest growing companies in the world, a Gartner Magic Quadrant Visionary, and enabled 100,000,000+ customer interactions using our platform. With $124.5 million in backing from DFJ, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures, and Viking Global Investors and supported by the successes of our 1,400+ customers from Peloton, IBM, Wounded Warriors Project, and MongoDB, Talkdesk is disrupting a $40+ billion stagnant market.
We are looking for an experienced product storyteller and competitive strategist to help lead Talkdesk’s competitive intelligence program. In this role, you will design and execute highly visible initiatives to discover and disseminate impactful competitive insights that will directly influence Talkdesk’s go-to-market strategy and product roadmap. You will work closely with sales, marketing, and executive leadership to help Talkdesk aggressively grow our pipeline and compete effectively in the field through actionable intelligence, regular training, and strategic deal support. You possess a record of success in dynamic environments and grace in collaborating with multiple stakeholders to get stuff done. You savor measuring the impact of your work.
- Manage and execute on a comprehensive competitive intelligence program, including win/loss analysis, competitor product launches, objection handling, and more.
- Research and keep current on market/competitor trends and news.
- Gather, analyze, and synthesize information about the contact center market, focusing on both existing and emerging competitive landscapes.
- Influence product roadmap based on analysis and insight derived from competitive learnings.
- Develop and maintain a network of information sources, including internal teams, partners, customers, and analysts.
- Develop up-to-date tools (such as FAQs, battle cards, SWOT analysis, playbooks, internal and external presentations) with a view toward improving sales effectiveness.
- Provide field support for sales teams engaged in competitive discussions with prospects or customers.
- Brief internal teams on a quarterly basis around new competitor technologies, competitive messaging, and positioning issues.
- Help foster and drive internal competitive information sharing.
- Work with some of the best executives in the business.
- Make a measurable impact on one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley.
- 3+ years experience in product marketing, product management, competitive intelligence or sales enablement at a high-tech company
- Industry knowledge of contact centers, CX, helpdesk, and/or CRM SaaS products is preferred
- Be scrappy. You’ll need the ability to successfully drive projects in a startup environment (with minimal guidance, limited resources)
- Strong skills in communication, presenting, writing and ability to work well cross-functionally
- Highly motivated with a sense of urgency and willingness to adjust in a fast- paced, team environment
- Strong market research, quantitative and analytical skills
- MBA a plus but not required
- Past Contact Center experience a plus but not required