Product Manager - eCommerce
Hatfield, Hertfordshire, UK
Posted 1 month ago
Ocado Technology, powering the future of retail through sustained disruptive technology innovation...”
In our department we create the E-Commerce and Fulfilment solutions that power the Ocado Smart Platform. From the secret sauce that drives our 35 million customer searches and product recommendations, to our market-leading delivery punctuality and order accuracy.
How will I spend my days
You will work with one of the Webshop development teams, partnering directly with a Team Lead. Responsibilities include defining, realising and delivering great Web products for our clients, with a big focus on end customer.
You will have responsibility for
Leading & Influencing
- Partners with a Team Lead and is the go-to person for Web related queries, sharing this responsibility with another Web PM/TL pair
- Role models behaviours and actively applies Ocado Technology principles daily
- Establishes product alignment within Technology being the voice of the vision/strategy/priorities within the division
- Champions the product vision & ensures the plan is in line with vision and goals and continues to be fit for purpose throughout roadmap delivery
- Understands how their product fits in with the broader platform
- Understands product performance & how Web products interact with other systems
Insight & Innovation
- Actively seeks out opportunities for incremental value in achieving product goal commitments
- Works with other PMs to continuously improve realisation processes and policies that govern it
- Monitors progress, looking for ways to improve the product & make adjustments based on strategic goals
Stakeholders & Collaboration
- Applies strong emotional intelligence when working with other teams and departments to manage interdependencies between platforms and products effectively
- Builds strong relationships with team and stakeholders - establishing methods for obtaining product feedback
- Works closely with UX teams to ensure product design is focused around usability and quality
We’d like to hear from you if you have
- You contribute to being part of a high performing product teams, working alongside engineering
- You respond positively to new / changing business requirements and prioritise accordingly
- You are highly organised and able to plan, manage, track and deliver effectively
- You are assertive but diplomatic and have a bias for action, collaboration and optimism
- You proactively solve problems, facilitating decision making processes and comfortable putting together recommendations based on insights drawn from data
- Experience with managing products built by engineering teams
- Knowledge of working with multiple functional areas, including product management, engineering, UX/UI
- Ability to work in a team effectively and / or work autonomously
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Defining product roadmaps, building collaboratively with design and engineering peers, and shipping at scale
- Familiarity or experience with the development of software for Web app
What we can offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.#LI-ZB1