Product Owner - DB2/SQL
Sandy Springs, Georgia, US
Posted 1 month ago
Are you looking for a career that will allow you to use your unique blend of business acumen and tech savvy? Business Analysts at IBM are subject matter experts that build the bridge between our business and our clients, immersing themselves into the market to understand problems and find innovative solutions. Be ready to navigate the complex relationships that make the business world run and find the actionable insights that result in great business decisions.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Product Owner for IBM internal sales incentives applications. You'll work with a team of architects, product owners and business subject matter experts in Atlanta, GA, defining the roadmap, developing epics, features, data models, and prototypes, and daily working with development squads in China, India or Mexico to prepare stories, iteration plans, test and delivery solutions. You will be responsible for delivery of business benefits using Agile methods, and have strong collaboration and Agile Leadership skills as you primarily work with several squads and interact occasionally with many squads. Use your initiative and practical application to deliver results.
- Gather and/or define epics and features and at times stories, often through interviews and facilitating meetings with executives, business stakeholders, and business subject matter experts.
- Develop roadmap of epics & features in prioritized order
- Develop Gherkin statements in Sublime for development to automate
- Develop data models, support development of prototypes, and demo to stakeholders
- Clarify requirements, data model and high-level design so they are ready for development
- Facilitate requirements prioritization with stakeholders, with a focus on delivery of business benefits
- Participate in iteration zero / program increment planning events, presenting requirements to squad(s), answering questions, assisting as they create stories, estimates & iteration plans
- Participate in Agile development: stand ups, demo iterations to users and gather feedback, acceptance testing
- Plan and execute tests to verify the solution is properly configured and extended to meet requirements as part of iteration completion. Story & feature acceptance testing and system acceptance testing
- Provide information on the application data model and explain entities and attributes in the model and relationships between them to users
- Drive application education
- To uphold the same professional standards and work ethic expected of all our consultancy staff and to lead by example when working with less experienced staff
- To build a high level of trust and confidence with partners and clients to drive quality, problem resolution and decision-making
- Use your strong facilitation skills, interpersonal, and leadership skills to engage our stakeholders through status updates and formal presentations
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for these positions now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3 plus years of experience with business process analysis (Use Cases and/or process flows) and mapping or solution design (Gap Analysis) techniques
- Advanced SQL skills including reading and understanding data models (DB2)
- 2 plus years of data analysis skills and understanding data dependencies
- Experience with screen design and storyboarding for example Balsamiq, Sketch
- Experience writing Gherkin statements for example Sublime
- Experience with quality assurance activities and test case development (for example Selenium)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong Agile Leadership capability: form teams, distribute work, measure what matters, develop talent, listen & leverage, influence & impact, manage risk
- Four plus years’ experience in a product owner, business consultant, or business analysis type of role working for a large IT consulting firm, software company, private sector organization, or public sector agency.
- Ability to lead JAD (Joint Application Development) sessions
- Product owner certification (PMI, SAFe, etc)
About Business Unit
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) owns IBM’s IT strategy and provides the tools, workstations, devices, and infrastructure that IBMers use to do their jobs every day. Put simply, our mission is to create a productive environment for IBM's 365,000 worldwide employees. Join us as we lead with with design to drive simplicity and ease of use, engineering the systems that run the business, and innovating to transform the business.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Balsamiq Business analysis Engineering Prototypes Sketch SQL