Junior UX Designer
Manchester, United Kingdom
Posted 1 month ago
Degree 53 is an award-winning digital agency, based in Manchester that specialises in crafting user focused multi-channel websites, mobile apps and back-end solutions for a number of industries, including online gambling, sports, travel, finance and well-being.
We aim to create engaging and exciting products to help businesses improve their services and provide a better experience to their customers. Our mission is to "improve the digital experience for all", so we are looking for a talented Junior UX Designer to join the team to help us achieve this goal by producing sleek, user centric designs across a range of products and devices.
We value collaboration and creativity and want everyone to come up with ideas on how to create the best products for our clients; new and existing.
What will I be doing?
You will be working closely within the project management team and reporting to a Design Director. You will be delivering new projects on time and within budget to the high quality we strive for as well as being involved with proposals or supporting existing client’s projects. Your day will consist of:
- Producing stunning UX UI Designs
- Producing eye-catching work for new business proposals and pitches
- Helping to maintain and grow Degree 53 brand
- Taking part in client meetings/workshops
- Working closely with the Design Director and having regular design reviews and meeting to come up with creative solutions for different products
- Following Degree 53's design process you will sketch our solutions to complex problems, storyboard user journeys, producing ideas and concepts, produce high fidelity wireframes and prototypes and/or test visual designs
- Collaborating with a dedicated team from different departments to ensure the final product is delivered to a high standard and to agreed timescales
- Carrying out a full handover of final, signed-off designs to the development team and carrying out regular design reviews with them to make sure the final product is pixel perfect and to the highest quality
- Taking part in a 5-day intense design sprint alongside Degree 53 team members and clients and being able to deliver a semi-functional prototype, accompanied with a summarised document within that timeframe
We are ideally looking for a Junior UX/UI Designer who has excellent attention to detail, is a great communicator, hardworking and is adaptable and able to pick up new techniques. Someone who has strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, who enjoys keeping up to date with advances in web/mobile technologies, and someone who is willing to go above and beyond client expectations and deadlines.
- All our designs are built within Sketch, so we are looking for someone that is fully capable to use this tool (confident in using features, such as creating nested symbols, using different plug-ins, adhering to colour palettes and style guides and naming layers and groups with correct terminology)
- Experience with using the Adobe CC Suite is also needed. The tools we use are Photoshop and Illustrator, so being able to use these also is a must in case any visual non-UI work needs creating, such as icons, banners etc.
- Experience in responsive web design and UX design (including research, wireframing and prototyping)
- Mobile app design experience e.g. iOS, Android etc. is desirable
- Ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment is necessary
- Good technical understanding with the ability to pick up new tools quickly
- Love working as part of a team and collaborating with developers, project managers, testers etc. Communication is a key to delivering the best products
- An understanding of front-end web development (HTML & CSS)
- You must have an exceptional portfolio of previous design work that covers the above
What's in it for me?
- Competitive salary
- Employee of the month
- Monthly team lunches
- Generous referral bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday a year in addition to bank holidays
- Flexi-time (start anywhere between 7.30am-9am -whatever suits you best!)
- Company Pension Scheme
- City Centre office space with a cosy breakout area and Wii U and PS4 consoles