Posted 1 month ago
Product Analyst - Send Money & High Amount Team
TransferWise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
Today, we transfer money all over the world. We’re aiming to develop a bespoke product for customers who send large amounts and you’ll be key in making that experience convenient, instant and eventually free.
As a Product Analyst in our Send Money and High Amount Team, your mission will be to handle our remittance product, helping us understand how customers can save money, gain clarity, and have a great experience whenever they send transfers with TransferWise.
You’ll also be part of the wider Analyst team. You’ll get to collaborate on cross-team projects, get technical support and bring ideas about how we can improve analytics across TransferWise.
Most importantly, you’ll collaborate closely with your product manager, designers and engineers to bring your insights into real change for our customers!
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Team
At TransferWise, everyone gets a ton of freedom and autonomy. We won’t be micromanaging or looking over your shoulder, so you’ll need to:
- Collaborate with the Send Money and High Amount teams to understand, prioritise and solve the problems you’ve discovered in data
- Turn solid insights into problems-to-be-solved, and be the voice of the customer in your product team
- Use data to build models that can help predict customer behaviour an automate actions to better service our customers
- Monitor the impact of features your team has launched and set the direction of your team’s future roadmap
- Empower and build capacity among team members to be more data driven and automate processes and reports to improve efficiency
- Be an important part of quarterly planning sessions, helping set a strategy and vision for how your team builds the best product
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your path to impact - we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across TransferWise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal
- You have at least 2 years experience of working as a data analyst, preferably in a tech company with product managers and engineers
- You are highly proficient in SQL with at least 2 years of experience.
- You have an aptitude and willingness to develop analytical superpowers in Python, machine learning, and other areas of data expertise
- You can operate with minimal direction, and are strong at structuring your approach to data analysis
- You can break down core problems into smaller chunks and are comfortable making assumptions to get to conclusions
- You have experience in visualising data and communicating insights via tables and charts
Some extra skills that would be great:
- You have knowledge of payment platforms, foreign exchange and regulated financial industries
- You have experience in using machine learning to solve real problems
- You’ve worked across teams and functions communicating your findings in an understandable way for all
- You know your way around the infrastructure of analytics and have worked with cloud warehouses (e.g. Snowflake, BigQuery, or Redshift)
- You have knowledge of BI tools (e.g. Looker, Periscope, or Metabase) and/or visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI or Tableau)
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.