Telco technology and solutions - Product Manager
Home based - EMEA
An exceptional opportunity for an exceptional and competitive technology leader.
If you have a passion for telco technology and business, deep familiarity with open source and Linux, and awareness of open source community leadership and best practices, then you will love the telco product leadership role at Canonical.
Telco NFV has led to widespread adoption of open source in the sector. Ubuntu is a very widely deployed telco platform, and we continue to enable customer adoption of open source for their network services. From 5G to MEC, from software-defined radios to cloud VRAN, from MANO to Magma, open source plays a role in the new telco strategy.
Canonical have created a product leadership role for telco and related technologies at the company. This role requires an analytical storyteller with a strong sense of message. We prefer graduate professionals with software engineering management experience who want to become business executives and entrepreneurs, to define product strategy and drive engagement.
Product leadership at Canonical is data-driven and content-centric. Product performance is closely measured and this team participates in regular reviews with company leadership.
You will join a growing team and help shape the message across our suite of products, with a particular focus on telco network technologies and network equipment providers. You will create effective content to engage sophisticated technical and commercial audiences, and work closely with marketing, media, engineering, sales, research, consulting, and training teams.
You will be accountable for product go-to-market execution, marketing collateral, case studies, training, and blog posts. You will be expected to deliver measurable lead-gen and awareness.
The successful candidate will be multi-talented, with:
- A rigorous technical or science background and supporting qualifications
- Telecommunications industry, standards, networking and operations familiarity
- Software engineering management experience
- Business and commercial interests
- A proven history of leadership and presentation skills
- A strong work ethic, and personal interests aligned with the field
- Awareness of Ubuntu and Canonical’s competition and tactical opportunities
- Track record of data-driven decision-making
- Proven ability to write about technology and the tech landscape