Principal Product Manager
Remote, United States
About the Role:
At Abstract, we believe in a future where all companies recognize that empowering people to be creative unlocks productivity. We seek to build a world where companies see the expertise in their people, where systems default to collaboration, and where curiosity and experimentation flourish.
To deliver on that vision, we’re looking for a Principal Product Manager who is committed to making design more measurable and therefore impactful. This role will be responsible for launching a new line of business to address that need. The ideal candidate can create order from ambiguity and is passionate about each phase of the product development lifecycle - from research and opportunity sizing all of the way through to general launch.
What You'll Do:
- Internalize our existing strategy and use that to create a new line of business.
- Establish and reinforce processes while providing mentorship to fellow members of the product team.
- Deeply know the problems that you’re tackling through research and regular interaction with customers and influence the roadmap to reflect that understanding
- Coordinate and gather feedback from relevant stakeholders and synthesize that into a plan so your team is always working on the most impactful projects
- Scope these solutions to their smallest coherent state to ship to customers as early as you can
- Constantly evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through quantitative and qualitative measures, both in early access and after full release.
- Execute with excellence and motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers
What You'll Bring:
- 6+ years of experience in a Product Manager role and experience starting a new line of business.
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex web and desktop applications.
- Deep understanding of design, be able to think deeply about product design decisions and have an understanding of how to create simple user interfaces
- You thrive in fast-paced environments, often while wearing multiple hats
- You write effectively, concisely, and are able to influence others with words
- You are a clear communicator of product decisions and the rationale behind them.
- You are comfortable making decisions without consensus.
- You have experience working with both qualitative customer insights, and quantitative customer data to inform decisions.
- You’re entrepreneurial; you don’t need direction; you're self-driven.
- You’re organized, not ad hoc.
- You are able to easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically.
Benefits/PerksAt Abstract, we offer resources that emphasize personal and familial wellbeing. We provide 99% healthcare coverage, as well as dental, vision, and life insurance options. We offer 10 weeks parental leave, unlimited paid-time off, and flexible working arrangements. Additional perks include dependent care, a stipend to set up your home office, a monthly wellness stipend, health care FSA, and commuter benefits. To help employees plan for the future, we're able to offer competitive pay and a 401(k). We are a distributed team and we are able to offer US-based remote employment. We offer travel opportunities for company meetings, team meet-ups, and the occasional conference. Notes In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis; Elastic Projects will not sponsor applicants for work visas. As part of our security protocols, offers are contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
About AbstractAbstract is a design workflow platform for teams to version, manage, and collaborate. Our company’s mission is to transform the attribution, connection, and measurement of Design to increase its impact. Since launching in July 2017, over 5,000 design teams across 75 countries have adopted Abstract, including teams from Microsoft, Cisco, Intuit, Salesforce, Instacart, OpenTable, and more. At Abstract, we are actively working to build a diverse and inclusive organization. Here, diversity includes age, economic class, educational background, ethnic variance, familial status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, national origin, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, or veteran status.
Abstract is fully-remote (US-based only at this time). If you have a passion for rolling up your sleeves, building new programs, and have a strong, team-player mentality, we’d love to hear from you!