Senior Manager - Product and Growth Marketing
At Ubiquity6, we are embarking on a new journey. A journey that sees us building a whole new way to feel together, apart. One that allows friends and family to connect, to find cherished moments regardless of distance, all while sharing in a wide variety of playful experiences.
As the Senior Manager of Product and Growth Marketing at Ubiquity6 you will join our small marketing team and growing company as we embark upon the earliest phases of this exciting new direction. You will directly help to create a home for people to connect through play with their favorite people.
This Senior Manager marketing will be responsible for a wide range of projects that directly impact Ubiquity6. They will play a pivotal role in not only bringing our products to market, but helping create them alongside other internal teams. The candidate will be able to spread their impact across not only traditional product marketing, but growth strategy to grow adoption of our product. This role is an amazing chance for a seasoned product or growth marketer to take the next step in their career and be responsible for everything that comes with bringing a new product to market.
How do I know if this is for me?
You are user-action orientated
You have a track record that demonstrates years of customer-obsessed marketing strategy across web and mobile. You are passionate about bringing products to life in the online space and then supercharging their growth through a wide variety of marketing channels. You are deeply curious about how and why users make the decisions they do about products and services. You love working with a cross-functional team to get users to use your product.
You think big picture
The right candidate can execute in the weeds at a high-level, but really shines when it comes to thinking big picture about marketing and growth strategy. This person should be able to shift from meetings with product, to design, to business development --- all while representing marketing in a polished and professional way. The candidate is able to balance success in the short term with a long term view on how to take the company/product to the next level. And of course, the ideal candidate doesn’t shy away from the hard discussions --- if anything, these opportunities give the candidate energy and a platform to shape company decision-making.
You enjoy high-impact, wide-ranging work
Our team and company is small but deeply talented. The opportunity to wear many hats, and participate in marketing, product, design, front-end engineering, and overall business discussion is there, while focusing on your craft and building your career. It’s a startup, and the potential for impact and growth is broad and company-wide.
- Product Messaging and Positioning: You will be instrumental in creating the messaging and positioning we use to market our product. You will understand our target audiences and competitive landscape, positioning the product to drive maximum adoption and interest. Your messaging will appear in all externally-facing materials you create to communicate U6’s product to the world.
- Product Launches: You will be the go-to when it comes to launching products and new features, organizing a cross-functional team to meet deadlines. You will execute on the GTM strategy you create with other members of the marketing team.
- Growth Strategy: You will work hand-in-hand with the product team to think about how we grow and retain our user base. You will lead/execute our performance marketing efforts to acquire, convert, and retain Ubiquity6 users through owned, earned, and paid channels. You will constantly explore new areas of growth and determine the ideal marketing mix as the company evolves.
- Product Experimentation for Growth: You will ideate and run experiments to evolve our playbook and deepen engagement. You’ll identify areas of optimization across the entire user journey, partnering with Product to prioritize and execute these ideas.
- Marketing Material Development: You’ll lead the creation of all marketing materials across written content, videos, landing pages, how-to guides, FAQs, and more. Your material creation will be guided by a deep understanding of the user journey and what users need across every step of the funnel.
- Research and Voice of the User: You will run qualitative and quantitative research to get close to our target user, understanding their wants, needs, and desires. You’ll communicate the insights to the company at large to influence product direction and business decisions.
- Brand and Design: You will work with our Head of Design to actively create and evolve the brand. You will write creative briefs for internal and external design resources to bring your projects to life.
- Competitive Landscape: You will have your finger on the pulse of the competitive landscape and synthesize insights for the team. You will not be led by the competition, but you will be informed and aware of the companies in our space.
- You have 5-7+ years of experience marketing modern consumer-focused products.
- Proven track record for driving new products and services to market through multi-channel product marketing approaches.
- Proven track record for driving growth across acquisition, activation, retention, and re-engagement through experiment-based frameworks and bold, creative ideas. Experience with directly managing user acquisition campaigns across digital channels.
- You are fluent in both modern product marketing and growth marketing approaches. The candidate must be able to hold a detailed conversation across both of these disciplines.
- You have experience working closely with product, business leadership, engineers, and other cross-functional peers to achieve end-customer goals.
- You have a portfolio of examples that show off your marketing and growth work.
- You have a proven desire to understand success and failure better through objective analysis.
- You have experience in the gaming or social space, and are personally passionate about experiences that bring people together.
- You have a deep entrepreneurial spirit and a “founder’s mindset” that drives your work’s quality and impact.
- You have a positive attitude and can roll with the constant changes of a growing startup.