Senior Product Designer, Growth
San Francisco, California, United States
Healthcare is complicated... but it doesn't have to be. Alto is a modern pharmacy transforming the way people manage and fill their prescriptions with a patient-centric, technology-driven experience. Alto provides same-day, free delivery, seven days a week for prescriptions - but more importantly, we aim to be healthcare partners to our patients by offering cost transparency, personalized support, and real-time coordination with doctors and insurance companies.
We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date and surpassed 500 employees across six locations. Our journey is just beginning, and we welcome you to join us in building a safe, seamless, and delightful pharmacy experience for all who need it, everywhere.
About the team
Our Growth team constantly strives to deliver a delightful experience for patients, from the first impression all the way through to them becoming lifelong evangelists. We pursue these opportunities by using data, analytics, a deep emphasis on research, and a flair for experimentation.
As a Senior Product Designer on the Growth team, you will be responsible for crafting a set of products that underpin Alto’s ability to provide an unmatched level of pharmacy service at scale.
Accelerate your career as you:
- Collaborate closely with your product and engineering leads to strategize and execute on projects that improve the experience for our patients, providers and ops team
- Drive the end-to-end development process: from early research, to uncovering opportunities, to validating hypotheses through constant iteration and experimentation
- Employ your full stack of design tools (e.g. interaction, visual) to develop and advocate for experiences people love
- Develop multiple directions to approach a problem from widely different angles in a quick timeline
- Deliver timely solutions that meet intended project goals and result in outcomes that positively impact key metrics
- Build relationships with stakeholders by listening to needs, inviting collaboration on planning and strategy development and communicating timely updates
- Plan, lead and execute user research, from ethnography to usability studies
- Incorporate metrics and data analysis to identify problems and goals
- Evangelize best design practices and find opportunities to elevate confidence in research and design across the larger company
A bit about you:
- 5+ years of professional experience designing user-friendly experiences for web, desktop and mobile and are fluent in the latest product design trends, tools and technologies cross platform
- You're a creative, curious, problem solver who loves to detangle complexity
- Feel at home either working with consumer apps or complex internal tools
- You love fast-paced environments and have a bias towards shipping and learning, rather than perfection
- Experience leading product design from opportunity development, to concept, to shipment and partnering with user research and data analytics teams to translate insights to inform solutions
- The ability to tell a compelling story verbally and through visuals
- Strong prototyping experience at multiple levels of fidelity and ability to integrate prototyping skills and utilization on your team
- The ability to design and document user flows and design components at a system level
In order for your application to be considered, we require a portfolio or case studies demonstrating: shipment of multiple products successfully; application of interaction design patterns to solve complex workflows; expertise in wielding information hierarchy, layout, composition, and typography. Please provide a link to your portfolio with your application.