Product Manager - Data Engineering Services
Denver, Colorado, United States
Posted 1 month ago
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Product Manager to be a key member of the Enterprise Data & Business Intelligence organization focusing on Data Engineering Services. You will help us build and scale our data engineering platforms including data lake, data ingestion pipeline, data quality, data compliance and metadata management platforms that fosters self service analytics culture at Twilio. You will drive the strategy and roadmaps for the implementation of scalable platforms that store, transform and query large volumes of data; services that provide self service experience for data ingestion, data quality monitoring, alerting, corrective actions etc. As a successful candidate, you must have a deep background in both Product Management and Software/Data Engineering (or a related field). You are a self-starter, embody a growth mindset, and can collaborate effectively across the entire Twilio organization.
Twilio is looking for an exceptional individual who lives Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record in conceiving and delivering Data Engineering solutions at company-wide scale.
- You love big data and the challenges that come with it.
- 5-7 years experience as a Product Manager focusing on Data platforms and engineering solutions for large scale data volumes in a fast-paced company that delivers software.
- Demonstrated success in delivering new data platform products (internal and/or external) from ideation through launch in an Agile environment.
- Demonstrated success in driving adoption of data lakes and self service analytics products at company wide scale.
- Experience with big data storage and processing technologies (e.g. AWS S3 or HDFS, Presto or Hive, Delta Lake, Spark, Airflow, Cassandra, Redis/ElasticCache, AWS SQS-SNS, Kafka etc).
- Experience with Cloud Services/Platforms (preferably AWS).
- Possess strong business acumen--you can communicate effectively with business stakeholders.
- Possess strong technical acumen–you can code and can communicate effectively with engineers and product managers .
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams.
- Solid communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate your point of view.
- You are curious, empathetic, and have a good sense of humor.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science required, or equivalent experience.
As a Product Manager for the Data Engineering Services team, you will be expected to live the Twilio Magic and:
BE AN OWNER
- Define the long-term product strategy for the Data Lake and other self service engineering platforms and tools.
- Own and execute the roadmap for your products–communicate both the business value and the technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- Participate in Agile/Scrum teams–assist team in planning and execution of sprints, epic and story backlog refinement, and related operating mechanisms. You will work closely with a team of Software/Data engineers.
WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES
- Partner with Enterprise data leadership, Engineering teams, and other PMs to ensure they have the right information to engage with the central team and ensure happy customers.
- Seek out and gather our internal stakeholder’s data and analytics needs across the company–translate and synthesize them into actionable products/product requirements.
- Maintain laser focus on MVPs, iterative product development, and releasing immediate/tangible value to stakeholders and adjust frequently.
- Manage project plans for on-time development and release–ensure that the Data Engineering Service teams are working on the right things at the right time.
DRAW THE OWL
- Accelerate learning on new data platforms and services by running workshops, stakeholder previews to gather early feedback and build a strong perspective on priorities.
- Identify necessary reports, metrics, and analysis to measure the effectiveness and validate the success of completed projects.
WRITE IT DOWN
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication - ensure that complex ideas, thoughts, and vision can be communicated simply and effectively. You are expected to thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
- Create detailed product specifications to illustrate product functionality including business rules, flows and use cases.
The Enterprise Data and Business Intelligence is a central organization within Twilio that provides data infrastructure and related services in the form of data lake, data warehouse, business intelligence and data governance etc, that supports long term growth and sustainability. Our mission is to enable fact based decision making by providing clean, governed, accurate data in scalable and easy to use systems in a timely manner. We play an integral role in shaping our business decisions that enable company’s growth and success and are the backbone of Twilio’s data driven culture.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office in Denver. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.