Product Manager - Connected Data Products
San Francisco, CA, United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and is looking for a talented, passionate and experienced Product Manager to join the team responsible for Twilio’s Connected Data Products . We’re looking for a technically curious candidate with a deep understanding of how businesses use data to drive communications and create consistent experiences for their customers.. Specifically, our products enable the fluid flow of external customer data into Twilio, create data interoperability across the organization, and drive customer engagement by leveraging machine learning across our vast datasets. You will be working side by side with other product managers and engineering counterparts and will also work closely with customers and communicate with cross functional teams across Twilio.
Twilio is looking for a product leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of setting vision and delivering on customer needs.
- You distill complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans for your team.
- You have a proven track record of conceptualizing products and taking them to market.
- You prioritize delivery, ensuring that iterative development leads to a successful customer experience.
- You represent your customers’ perspectives. You plan for how they will be impacted by the capabilities you build, and you always work to enable their success.
- You enjoy participating in technical discussions with engineers and engineering-focused customers and appreciate the realities of building and managing complex software services at scale.
- 2+ years experience as a Product Manager in a fast-paced company focused on delivering SaaS software (or equivalent degree).
- BS in computer science (or related field) or 3+ years experience as a software engineer.
As a Product Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Engage with customers, other product managers, and cross-functional teams to design, deliver, and support solutions that make our customers successful.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Create detailed product specifications which include business reasons, use cases and which are focussed on addressing customer problems.
- BE AN OWNER: Own and execute the roadmap for your products – communicate both the business value and the technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Maintain laser focus on MVPs, iterative product development, and releasing tangible value to customers – learn and adjust frequently.
- BE BOLD: Help define the future of Twilio.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Have great communication skills and a collaborative mindset that enable you to build cross-functional partnerships. Participate in technical discussions with the Engineering teams whereby your goal is to make sure we deliver a great product. Work with Engineering teams within the Agile/Scrum methodology, facilitate quarterly planning, assists with execution of sprints, and lead backlog refinement and prioritization. Plan product launches, collaborate with stakeholders on marketing activities, documentation, support requests and sales enablement.
Our team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We build shared customer-facing primitives that tie together data from across Twilio to drive forward our Twilio’s mission of driving customer engagement at scale.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our San Francisco office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.