Senior Technical Product Manager, Data Movement and Messaging
The Analytic Data and Machine Learning Product Management team’s mission is to create best in class Analytics Solutions & Platforms for analysts, engineers and data scientists at Wayfair. This includes leading the planning and development of new products, capabilities, features, self-service exploration, and advanced analytics solutions. The team works closely with analysts, business stakeholders, data scientists and engineers to deliver fast, actionable, intuitive platforms that power data-driven decision making across the entire organization. We work in a collaborative, fast-paced, agile environment that encourages innovation by supporting experimentation and creative solutions.
We have built several custom platforms that serve as the internal portals for accessing and connecting data across all aspects of our business. This specific role will be focused on driving the evolution of features and capabilities, ensuring customer success and user adoption, and ongoing evaluation of progress against goals.
We are seeking a seasoned technical product manager to join our team and to help shape the future of our data management and messaging solutions. This role would offer you the opportunity to help shape the product strategy, define the roadmap, and lead a team of product managers and engineers to deliver transformational results for our engineering and analyst community.What You’ll Do
- Lead the product strategy for our Data Movement and Messaging products
- Develop the product roadmaps (epics, stories, and sprints) to deliver prioritized content and capabilities to meet validated customer use cases. Articulate the value proposition for the solutions
- Partner with senior leaders across the organization to understand the underlying challenges impacting our velocity to deliver value, bringing together a cohesive strategy to deliver a robust set of capabilities
- Prioritize the most impactful problems to solve, collaboratively develop innovative solutions, and deliver outsized impact for our stakeholders, while driving end-user adoption and ensuring high NPS scores
- Work cross functionally with teams of engineers and product managers to iteratively deliver
- Be the expert on the technical details of how your products work
- Be agile in order to quickly iterate on product features and analyze effectivenes
- Interpret business requirements into technical specifications while working with Engineering to understand and overcome limitations
- Ensure quality of data products, including timeliness, performance, and accuracy
- You love data and have a deep background in data processing, advanced analytics, and/or machine learning
- You are a creative problem solver who is interested in a highly visible role working with senior stakeholders across the organization
- You are able to react and respond quickly in a fast-paced environment where requirements may change
- You enjoy getting into the technical details of a product and never shy away from learning the inner workings of a system.
- You have prior experience leading a team of product managers
- You enjoy early stages of product development
- You are not shy to share your opinion on how we should develop the best solutions
- 5+ years of experience as a product leader, successfully shipping products for data management, analytics platforms, or data infrastructure
- Have led a team of product managers and engineers either in a start-up or large scale organization
- Built and delivered products on AWS, Azure or GCP
- Technical software understanding beyond buzzwords and can work with most modern data technologies, such as BigQuery, Redis, Spark, etc.
- Experience running A/B tests with an understanding of data analysis and data science tooling
- Excellent critical thinking and strategic analysis for future-thinking and planning
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters.
That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.