Product Marketing Manager, Competitive Intelligence
Remote, United States
Slack is on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We are looking for a Competitive Intelligence Product Marketing Manager to join our fast growing Marketing organization. We seek a skilled, curious marketer to drive competitive intelligence, and build a subject matter expertise that supports the overall growth of our company. This role requires strong leadership, project management, interpersonal and analytical skills.
Reporting into the Competitive Marketing Lead, the Competitive Intelligence Marketing Manager will lead competitive positioning and content strategy to enable our sales team to compete effectively in the field. This marketer will provide actionable intelligence, regular training, and scalable processes. Working closely with product marketing and sales enablement, this individual will develop and launch competitive programs, develop clear competitive insights and support an operational competitive intelligence program. This is a highly cross-functional role that partners closely with Product Management, Sales and Marketing leadership.
Within the first six months, this individual will make an impact by developing an operational win/loss program to help capture insights that drive product, sales and marketing strategy for the business. The Product Marketing Manager, Competitive Intelligence will build operational processes to share competitive insights and strategic takeaways with Product, Marketing and Sales. We see this role as being the go-to-expert on key competitors in the collaboration solution market to inform executive decision making.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Engage in deep, accurate and timely ongoing market research and analysis of companies’ product and GTM strategy.
- Partner with Sales and Sales Enablement to provide actionable competitive intelligence, sales tools, training, and consultative engagement to serve the needs of the field (battlecards, whitepapers, presentations, etc.)
- Build a scalable content strategy for creating and sharing competitive insights
- Guide and influence product positioning and messaging based on product differentiation
- Contribute to critical product decision-making by partnering with Product Management
What you should have
- Have three years of competitive intelligence, product marketing or time in a customer-facing role
- Experience commanding competitive projects, including win/loss analysis, market analysis, marketing collateral creation, and internal enablement sessions
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to synthesize large amounts of information and present to different audiences in clear and effective ways
- Solid understanding of Enterprise SaaS applications and collaboration technology
- History of productive collaboration with product, sales and marketing teams
- Strong project management, critical and analytical thinking skills
- Proven ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams
- Four year degree
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.