Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Listening to Albertans. Going deeper to understand who they are and where they’re going. Translating the complex world of banking and investing into brilliantly simple solutions. Through all this, we believe we can create happiness. This is the ATB way.
Job Number: REQ777
Location: Vancouver, BC
Apply by: Wednesday August 26th, 2020
# Positions available: 1
Leader Name: Matt Naish
As ATB’s next UX Designer, you will work closely with a small Vancouver-based team creating intuitive and elegant next generation solutions for ATB’s customers and employees. Specifically, you will work with product managers and engineering teams to support the development of ATB’s digital customer acquisition strategy and direct-to-consumer solutions.
UX Designer Accountabilities:
- Work closely with product managers to understand business requirements for features and collaborate with developers to ensure design feasibility.
- Translate early ideas and research into low-fidelity artifacts like wireframes and user flows for product stakeholders to consume.
- Transform validated ideas into high-fidelity artifacts such as mock-ups and specification documents so that your design vision can be accurately communicated to developers.
- Build high-fidelity, testable prototypes to be used by potential customers in usability testing sessions.
- Plan and manage the information architecture of products so that the holistic user experience is intuitive.
Confidently present and push forward design choices to internal teams.
- 3+ years experience designing for web or mobile applications.
- Understanding of user-centered design and interaction design.
- Ability to distill complex problems and workflows into simple, intuitive designs.
- Good communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate design rationale.
- Experience in using UX design tools (for example Sketch, Invision, Zeplin).
- Ability to work collaboratively with developers and other UX and visual designers.
- Experience in developing and maintaining product design system
At ATB, we know that highly talented people can readily transfer their skills. If you believe your skills and experience are transferable, please consider putting your name in the running.
Online applications are preferred.
Purpose. Growth. Advancement. Fun. Rewards… learn about our perks and benefits.
A little about ATB:
We are Alberta’s largest, home grown financial institution and for the last 80+ years, we’ve transformed people’s understanding of what banking can–and should–make possible. Today, 5,500+ ATB team members embrace a growth mindset in order to help bring ATB’s story to life, delivering happiness to our customers and team members alike. It’s why we’re also a highly sought after, award-winning employer. The best part is, we’re just getting started. Join us, and create happiness.
To learn more about atb, visit atb.com.
What happens next?
If you make the shortlist for this role, you will hear from us within 10 business days of the posting close date. We will also keep your application on file for future roles that you may wish to consider.
If your application is shortlisted, we might ask you to participate in a digital interview.
Stay in touch!