Product Manager - Finance
As a financial institution moving billions of GBP of customer money in more than 70 countries, TransferWise must have bulletproof financials.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our fast growing Finance team in Tallinn. TransferWise is rapidly expanding globally, creating new products to consumers and businesses, and entering new jurisdictions. This is a unique opportunity to build a part of the bigger Finance Product (Systems) which supports TransferWise in being financially compliant and ensures our bigger team can make timely, accurate and sustainable business decisions based on a global set of financials.
- The Product Onboarding team ensures that anything happening in TransferWise that has a financial impact is integrated into our financial systems and is properly recorded and controlled. This requires working with a lot of product and engineering teams and finance stakeholders on understanding how things work in TransferWise and how they translate to compliant financials.
- You will figure out a plan and work with a team of product managers, engineers, analysts and operations specialists to onboard all new TransferWise products, regions and entities to our Finance systems.
- You will work with internal finance teams, such as Accounting, Tax, Reporting and Financial Planning & Analysis to ensure clean, accurate and compliant financials in all our entities worldwide in a timely manner.
- You’ll be responsible for understanding the why and how of the TransferWise and Finance product so you can communicate the TransferWise story to anyone. This includes explaining complex technical areas to finance stakeholders and financial concepts to engineers.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Work in international Finance Team and learn a lot about Finance area, fintech and driving financial sustainability of a fast growing company
- Participate in building of a high volume real time Financial product (system), which allows us to make a lot of business decisions every day
- Own your path to success. In TransferWise you have a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
A bit about you:
- You create energy and clarity. You have great communication skills that help you bring people together behind a common goal, manage multiple points of view and create clarity and organisation into complex problems and diverse teams.
- You love to get things done. You make things happen instead of wondering why things happened. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and take responsibility. We do not hire people just to manage other people. We expect you to deliver results directly.
- You enjoy getting deep into the processing logic. You like to be thorough and understand how things work and all their dependencies in-depth. You don’t mind working in the non-customer facing team and bringing clarity to the team over complicated processes.
You have proven experience in the following areas:
- Managing whole product development process from scoping to delivery and post production support for multiple products/projects at the same time
- Agile software development methodologies and tools
- SQL and understanding of complex datasets
- Communication with stakeholders of different levels
- Building product roadmaps or managing quarterly plans
Nice to Haves:
- Working with business analytics tools (e.g. Looker)
- Principles of accounting & financials
- Setting up KPI’s/OKR’s for the team/area
- You are thirsty for knowledge in building multi service high volume financial systems and in understanding reasons for having timely, accurate, compliant and sustainable financials.
- Technical know-how. You may have started out your career as an engineer or maybe it's a secret passion. You need to be able to communicate effectively with our product engineers, accountants and other finance professionals.