Principal Product Manager, Duolingo English Test
DuolingoFree language education for the world.
Posted 1 month ago
Product-vision driven leader for our start-up within a startup, the Duolingo English Test! With over 2000 partner institutions, we are disrupting the high-stakes language-assessment market. Our test costs a fraction of the price of other exams, it can be completed in minutes instead of hours, and because it is proctored through AI-based technology, you can do it from home. The DET saves time and money to test takers, allowing partner institutions to provide a better experience to their applicants and to gain access to a more diverse applicant pool. If you love making a difference in the world through technology, this is the place for you.
- Manage other product managers
- Drive strategy for a product or product area
- Drive product features through their entire creative cycle: ideation, specification, development, release, analysis, and iteration
- Perform qualitative and quantitative research to discover feature ideas and validate them before development
- Work closely with UI/UX designers to ensure an excellent user experience in our product
- Work with engineers to help guide feature development
- Perform quantitative analysis on features’ performance and find opportunities for optimization
- Be responsible for hitting the key performance indicators you are entrusted with
- A desire to make the world a better place through technology and education
- Experience generating outstanding results as a product manager at a high performing software company
- Ability to utilize user insights, data, and statistical analyses to inform decisions
- An instinct for creating simple and intuitive user experiences
- Proven ability to learn fast
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful and innovative
- Experience leading projects and teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Design, Linguistics, or related field
Exceptional candidates will have:
- Advanced degree in Business, Computer Science, Design, Psychology, or related field
- Professional experience in areas highly related to our work as product managers at Duolingo, such as software engineering, design, data analysis, language learning, or brand management.
Job tags: Engineering Research User experience