Lead UX Designer
San Francisco, CA
Title: Lead UX Designer
Company: Samsung Research America
Lab: Samsung Design Innovation Center (SDIC)
Location: San Francisco, CA
Samsung Design Innovation Center (SDIC) located in San Francisco, CA, is looking for an excellent UX Designer who shares our “innovation through passion” philosophy and thrives in a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
At SDIC, the Lead UX Designer is responsible for creating beautiful, functional and desirable interfaces and services across a wide array of technologies. Our work appears on smart phones, tablets, computers, televisions, wearables and other devices we can’t describe yet. We are looking for a talented collaborative designer to join our group and bring new energy to our process. You should be ready to help at all stages of product design, from identifying unmet and latent needs, discovering new design opportunities, designing new product concepts to applying technology creatively to solve real user problems and create radically new experiences that re-imagine the way we interact with products.
We are interested in passionate and self-motivated individuals who are comfortable in a highly fluid environment. You will bring drive, smarts, and curiosity; we will provide the environment for you to thrive and grow.
- Team and project Leadership
- Strong demonstrable experience in User Experience/ Interaction Design/ Product Design
- User-centric research driven mindset for design and discovery
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively
- Dedicated and strong attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Resource and project management skills
- Conducting UX research and making strategy
- Conceptualize, visualize and develop ideas for products and take them from germinal to shippable
- Wireframing, conceptualizing, rapid prototyping, user-testing, interaction design and visual design
- Work on products and features in close collaboration with other Designers and Engineers
- Creating experiences that successfully accomplish appropriately set goals
- Crafting ideas that turn complex and confusing into simple and understandable
Years of Experience:
10 ~ 15 years in user experience design
- Making UX, UI guideline enough to communicate with stakeholders
- Sketching and visualizing new ideas and user scenarios
- Able to direct and perform design research for design strategy building and testing
- Documentation creation: Scenarios, Wireframes, Visual Design, low and high-fidelity mockups and prototypes
- Able to present and defend ideas to the internal team, and help critique and push the rest of the team to better work
- Clear, concise and transparent communication style
- Action-oriented, diligent and flexible
International and Domestic travel may be required at a later stage
Bachelor's degree in related field, Master’s degree preferred
In order to be considered for the Lead UX Designer role, we need a link to your portfolio. Please include a password if one is required.
Samsung is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.
We will consider qualified applicants for employment with arrest and conviction records.