Senior Product Manager - Verification
Budapest or Tallinn
Posted 1 month ago
TransferWise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to help us build a Customer Onboarding platform, which is invisible for the right customers and creates friction for the criminals.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to Verification team:
- Your mission is to build a product that redefines the world of KYC: provide an awesome seamless user experience, mitigate risks of financial crime and money laundering, continuously innovate the domain, while making sure operations are scaling along with the growth of the product
- You’ll be figuring out the vision and goals of the team; how to measure them and how to set the KPIs - you'll make the decisions and define the product strategy with the team
- Coaching people: alongside working with your team, we'd love it if you could help developing other diverse, cross-disciplinary product teams as well
- Once travelling becomes safe again, you’ll have the opportunity to travel between Tallinn and Budapest (our two core KYC offices), as well as other TransferWise locations (London, Singapore, etc.)
- You’ll be responsible for understanding the why and how of the product so you can break down the TransferWise story to anyone
- We have many satellite teams and it's vital that you communicate any changes in the product so that they stay in the loop
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your path to impact - we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across TransferWise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Grow as a product person - build your team and inspire them to join our mission
- Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal
A bit about you:
- Customer-focus - You’ve worked on a product with thousands or even millions of customers, ran case studies and interviewed people who used your product
- Entrepreneurial - Either you have run your own company or delivered high impact projects or products: we are looking for someone who has been in product management for at least 5+ years
- You have several stories of making the life of operational teams better by delivering data, helping with tools, scheduling, efficiency measurement, business process mapping and forecasting
- You’re someone who loves to get things done - You make things happen instead of pondering why they happened. You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and take responsibility
- You’re data-driven - You are able to prioritise the value you can add to customers, and get the entire company behind you: you can do SQL on your own and build dashboards using BI tools like Looker or Tableau
- Technical know-how - You may have started out your career as an engineer or a data analyst. You are not afraid to read Java codes or to draw a microservice diagrams
Some extra skills that are great (but not essential):
- You have experience of mentoring other Product Managers or Product Analysts
- You have worked with KYC Identity vendors before and you feel comfortable negotiating with them
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.