Senior Product Manager, Messaging Infrastructure
New York, NY
Senior Product Manager, Messaging Infrastructure
If you ever received a Wayfair email about an upcoming sale or a text message that your order was been delivered, our notifications platform did all the work behind the scenes, processing 100+ million daily messages to customers and suppliers around the world.
It takes some serious infrastructure to be Wayfair’s post office, and we’re looking for a senior product manager to quarterback our next-generation platform to drive even more personalization, scale, and resiliency. How do we make our customer conversations even better?
Working with messaging product leads and marketing partners, the PM will own the roadmap and execution for notifications infrastructure, which includes the ability to send dynamic content messages via a variety of channels and improve deliverability and diagnostics.
A successful candidate will have experience building high-scale messaging products for marketers. This technical product position requires enough fluency in the underlying technologies to credibly engage developers and data scientists in conversations around architecture and delivery. The PM also should be a product athlete, fluent in Agile and leading frameworks, with a long history of successfully designing and launching B2B products.
This position is currently 100% remote through early 2021. After that time, it can be based in Boston or in other US cities with a 25% on-site presence in Boston.
- Own product development and roadmaps for Wayfair’s notifications infrastructure.
- Design services for our batch and streaming messaging platforms that reliably and quickly deliver personalized, targeted notifications in any format to customers, suppliers, and prospects.
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand their businesses and co-develop solutions to supercharge growth, improve customer satisfaction and engagement, and increase automation.
- Work with external vendors to fully leverage their capabilities, identify breakthrough opportunities, and resolve operational issues.
- Use Agile processes to collaborate with Engineering and Data Science to execute on the roadmap while harnessing the power of emerging technologies.
- Communicate and evangelize the product vision and progress throughout Wayfair from C-level stakeholders on down.
- Develop and monitor OKRs for key product initiatives and ensure alignment with stakeholder objectives.
- Work with leadership to improve product craft and processes throughout the extended Ad Technology and Customer Intelligence team.
Desired Skills / Experience
- 2+ years building high-volume message products or infrastructure, with experience working for email marketing vendors, email service providers, or cloud service providers a plus.
- Solid understanding of the mechanics and lifecycle of email, SMS, and push notifications.
- Builder mentality -- you think in terms of customer problems and technology solutions, and have demonstrated success in creating business-focused products.
- 6+ years in B2B software/SaaS product management with exposure to the full lifecycle from concept to launch and beyond.
- E-commerce experience preferred but not required.
- Sufficient technical literacy to both understand the underpinnings of products to make key decisions as well as effectively communicate with engineers and data scientists.
- Solid SQL data wrangling skills, ability to create data stories and reports with visualization tools such as Looker, and experience calling APIs using Python or other languages.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills at the senior leadership level.
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude.
- A “no excuses” mentality that pushes through issues with creative solutions and tenacity, while maintaining a grace-under-pressure demeanor.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.