Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
The Scrum Master facilitates our Engineering teams to reach our product delivery and infrastructure scale goals. As Scrum Master for the Customer Engagement Management teams, you will lead their collaboration and deftly identify dependencies and risks, resolve blockers, make use of metrics to improve delivery, and leverage Agile best practices to optimize velocity, quality, and predictability.
- A true servant-leader, there to help the teams do their best work
- Open to learning from others, humble, willing to experiment and try new ways of working
- Consistently takes Initiative to identify and resolve issues that can improve overall efficiency and effectiveness of programs.
- Trusted — acts as a point of contact for cross-program communication
- Organized — skilled at blocking and tackling, running things to ground, protecting the teams while making sure they’re responsive to the needs of the business
- A strong Agilist — skilled at balancing best practices, experiments, and flexibility to suit the situation; effective at delivering training
- Certified Scrum Master; bonus points for Scaled Agilist certification or experience in a Scaled Agile organization
- 5-7 years of relevant experience and at least 3 years as a Scrum Master
- Experience managing teams across multiple geographies - San Francisco, Denver, Madrid, Bangalore in this case!
- Experience working on brand new teams that aren’t familiar with SAFE/Agile methodologies
- Live by and champion our Twilio Magic cultural values
- BE AN OWNER & EMPOWER OTHERS: Serve as Scrum Master for multiple teams — own and facilitate their Agile ceremonies using best practices and flexibility to suit their way of working, while coaxing them toward greater efficiency
- BE INCLUSIVE: Act as Program Manager for an area of teams, executing on processes, identifying opportunities, implementing changes, and communicating them to ensure strong communication
- DRAW THE OWL: Drive toward continuous improvement through analyzing data and inspect & adapt practices
- BE BOLD: Help be an agent of change as we strengthen our Agile muscles across the organization
- BE INCLUSIVE: Work collaboratively with fellow Scrum Masters to track cross-organizational dependencies and promote the success of the BU
- WRITE IT DOWN: Effectively tracks metrics and articulates findings and recommendations; may utilize financial acumen to manage BU-level budgets
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do
Transparency is a unique type of team: we are both a platform team that ingests data from other product teams and a product team ourselves that builds tools to present that data to customers. And we do all of this at a massive scale. Internally, we empower and educate product teams with opinions on what good Developer Experience is. Externally, we push the envelope of how customers find out about issues and changes to their Twilio account. Joining this team will challenge you to think outside the box about technologies like data streaming and event-driven programming.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office in Bangalore, India. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.