Senior Product Design Manager
Remote, USA or Los Angeles
Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. Backed by venture investors such as Glynn Capital, Google Ventures, Redmile Group, dRx Capital and Lux Capital, we are revolutionizing the clinical trial industry one patient at a time.
We’re looking for a razor sharp Senior Product Design Manager to drive creative problem solving and product definition that keeps our users at the center. We are seeking an expert with a proven record of delivering elegant solutions that address users’ most challenging business problems and take advantage of product opportunities.
Your responsibilities include leading design vision and strategy, and helping define the long term vision of the product design. You will build and expand a world-class product design team, including managing, mentoring and inspiring the product designers. You also will ensure we’re articulating and solving for the highest priority pain points for users, prototyping and iterating on solutions, and committing to logical product flows and experiences. This is a highly cross-functional role, where you will work with other designers, product managers, developers and high-profile business stakeholders to problem solve from a user-centered perspective.
As a person, you are creative, curious and open to honest conversations. You are comfortable working in the abstract and ambiguous, and finding concrete deliverables. You are a self-starter and take initiative to help define and bring to Science 37 best practices in user-centered design.
NOTE: You must include a link to your portfolio with your application to be considered for this opportunity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Product design ownership – shape and communicate a compelling long-term design strategy and vision for your product area.
- Managing the design team, including mentorship, guidance on blockers, and day-to-day management. Developing clear and measurable goals for the design organization.
- Collaborate cross-functionally, especially with product management, engineering, and other business partners to drive a smooth product development process.
- Be a design architect – lead the design process for your team, from problem definition to design implementation.
- You are able to translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences. Deliverables include: product design vision, research insights, and overall design strategy framework. Role will be split about 50/50 between people management and individual contributor work.
- Strong and relentless advocate for the user and for user-centered design.
- 7+ years experience as a product designer, with primary experience in UX design
- Experience in managing other designers
- Portfolio including user-centered design skills, visualizations of complex experiences such as flows, scenarios, personas, etc., sketches to high-fidelity interactions and clickable prototypes; expertise in user interaction and design systems a strong plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in User Experience Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science or related discipline a strong plus
Skills and Competencies
- Strong product design experience; track record in shipping software products with consumer grade quality and active end users
- Strong communication skills to engage with internal and external partners. Demonstrate an ability to articulate the value of design to these partners
- Expertise in standard product design software such as Sketch, Abstract, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, and the like is a must. You are also up to date with the industry’s latest trends and technologies
- Experience creating and managing design systems
- Ability to work with stakeholders/clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet needs and vision
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and an especially deep understanding of web-based design
The incumbent reports directly to Vice President of Product Strategy.
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed. Enjoy top-notch equipment such as the latest Macbook Pro and 4k monitors. Submit your resume to apply!