Listening to Albertans. Going deeper to understand who they are and where they’re going. Translating the complex world of banking and investing into brilliantly simple solutions. Through all this, we believe we can create happiness. This is the ATB way.
Job Number: REQ788
Location: Anywhere in Alberta
Apply by: Monday, August 31st, 2020
# Positions available: 1
Leader Name: Chris Docuette
The ATB Scrum Master is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering products that provide exceptional business value to our customers. This role will be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using Agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions.
You will find success based on your ability to:
- Apply appropriate agile frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.) to create transparency within the delivery teams
- Facilitate Agile meetings and scrum events including daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo (with the Product Owner), and retrospective meetings as needed
- Align agile cadences to enterprise governance cadences and ensure appropriate escalation and management of risks
- Engage in business analysis, user experience and technical conversations across platforms and multiple levels of influence
- Leverage flow-based data to communicate and report program and team progress, status updates, product demos and accomplishments ensuring transparency of progress and outcomes
- Work closely with the product owner and the delivery team to ensure a healthy backlog is created and maintained/refined with a mindset of Agile development
- Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
- Play a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools
- Guiding and coach members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team
- Embrace change, influence and coach team members on agile principles and practices
- Collaborate with other Scrum Masters to facilitate increasing maturity and effectiveness in the application of Agile principles across the organization
- 5+ years experience in an Agile environment
- Practical experience with any of the key disciplines required in agile delivery – such as software development, product management, quality assurance, or business (system) analysis
- Experience applying agile management frameworks and well documented agile techniques (Story Mapping, User Story Writing, Acceptance Test Driven Development, Continuous testing, Continuous Integration/Deployment, etc.)
- 3+ years experience as a Scrum Master or coach – where Scrum principles, practices and theory were diligently applied
- 5+ years working on medium-to-high complexity initiatives that span the organization
- Demonstrated experience being collaborative, team oriented and are comfortable managing relationships across the organization in a wide range of roles and at differing levels across the organization
- A passion for agile delivery and the ability to influence pragmatic change while enabling high performance delivery
- Possesses working knowledge of contemporary agile project management tools such as Jira , Rally, Kanbanize, LeanKit, VersionOne or equivalent
- An understanding of the basic fundamentals of solution delivery (SDLC), including both product management and operational needs
- Strong experience in communicating complex information and concepts to a variety of audiences, including executive management to support decision making (written and verbal)
- Experience in agile visualization toolsets (Miro, Stories onboard, etc.)
- Professional Scrum Master / Agile Practitioner designation would be an asset
- Financial Services knowledge is considered an asset
- Knowledge of agile delivery in any of the following areas:
- Data and Artificial Intelligence
- Digital Delivery
- Intelligent Process Automation
At ATB, we know that highly talented people can readily transfer their skills. If you believe your skills and experience are transferable, please consider putting your name in the running.
Online applications are preferred.
Purpose. Growth. Advancement. Fun. Rewards… learn about our perks and benefits.
A little about ATB:
We are Alberta’s largest, home grown financial institution and for the last 80+ years, we’ve transformed people’s understanding of what banking can–and should–make possible. Today, 5,500+ ATB team members embrace a growth mindset in order to help bring ATB’s story to life, delivering happiness to our customers and team members alike. It’s why we’re also a highly sought after, award-winning employer. The best part is, we’re just getting started. Join us, and create happiness.
To learn more about atb, visit atb.com.
What happens next?
If you make the shortlist for this role, you will hear from us within 10 business days of the posting close date. We will also keep your application on file for future roles that you may wish to consider.
If your application is shortlisted, we might ask you to participate in a digital interview.
Stay in touch!