Product Manager, Stripe Terminal
Product Manager, Stripe Terminal
Stripe Terminal helps our users extend their online presence to the physical world. The Terminal team’s mission is to make it as easy for businesses to accept in-person payments as the Stripe API has done for online payments. With Terminal, businesses can unlock in-person payments use cases that are right for their business model—whether it’s creating a superb retail experience, extending their website to a pop-up store, or enabling a mobile point-of-sale at their next event. Terminal is used by some of Stripe’s largest, fastest growing, and most innovative users.
As a Product Manager on the Terminal team, you’ll partner closely with engineering, design, legal, partnerships, analytics, and our customer-facing teams to drive the product development process for one of the key product pillars of Terminal. You will be joining a full-stack engineering and cross-functional team, and collaborate with experienced Product Managers on Terminal and across other Stripe teams.
- Become an expert on our users’ needs and translate that understanding into a strategy and roadmap for one of the key product pillars of Terminal:
- The mobile and web SDKs and developer APIs our businesses use integrate into their own point-of-sale software
- The tools we provide our users to acquire, deploy, and manage their growing fleet of Terminal card readers
- The different merchant and cardholder-facing software experiences required for Terminal’s diverse set of businesses
- The requirements and roadmap to enable business around the globe
- Work closely with other product teams at Stripe including Connect, Payments, and our Global APAC, EMEA, and LatAM teams
You may be a good fit if you:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- Can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Have managed the full life cycle of a technical product – from ideation to ship to continuous refinement
- Have experience in...
- building Android, iOS, and/or web developer-facing products
- the ins and outs of and in-person payments (EMV, QR codes, point-of-sale requirements, etc.)
- working on deploying and managing fleets of internet-connected devices (“Internet of things”)
- managing internationalization and localization of software products for global launches
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.