Principal Product Manager
At Remitly, we help people around the world send over $6 billion around the globe inspired by our mission to accomplish our promise to immigrants to send money across the world. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. We want to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
About the Role:
This is a newly created role and will report to the Director of Customer Success Products. We’re a cross-functional team and an extremely collaborative company - you should feel at home talking technology with developers, user experience with designers, acquisition and retention with marketing, metrics with data scientists and analysts, and business strategy with our business management and leadership team.
Your team will be part of the broader Customer Success organization, so we work closely with the customer-facing support teams to understand customer needs and get product feedback on changes to improve the customer support experience.
- Establish a vision and roadmap to build and maintain workflows that our team of Customer Success associates use to help customers with problems.
- Stay up to date with the state-of-the-art in products and experiences in customer support automation and related industries, and share insights throughout the business.
- Build and execute project roadmaps alongside Software Managers/Developers, Product Designers, and Business Analysts.
- Use customer development and associated research practices toward developing meaningful products across major customer segments.
- Write clear and effective product proposals and specifications.
- Define and launch experiments that both are technically practical and provide meaningful next steps.
- Engineering related degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of industry experience in an software engineering environment
- 5+ years in Product Management (or equivalent) roles
- Experienced partnering across multiple organizations.
- Preferred domain experience building or integrating tools for customer support or customer experience with tools such as Amazon Kinnect, Amazon Lex, ChatBots, or Salesforce CRM
- Experience using data to make and advise product decisions.
- Experience defining and creating new products, moving from “zero to one”
- Experience using the agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer