Principal Product Marketing Engineer
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting!), 18 timezones and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We're looking to add a new node to the Product Marketing cluster, focusing on Elastic Enterprise Search solutions. As a Product Marketing Engineer at Elastic you work closely with the Product Management and Solution Architect teams to produce demo content and provide a reliable environment to access it.
Ideally, you bring a strong search background and front end design experience. In that context, for this role, you’ll help us to run a mix of static and on demand environments where internal users can launch their own demos and show the power of Elastic Enterprise Search -- this same environment hosts demos of the Elastic Stack, Security and Observability as well, so ability to collaborate in a dynamic environment is critical.Skills
- Site-Reliability Engineering - We are an operations team. We solve problems with code, but fundamentally we keep things working. You may have worked as an SRE.
- Infrastructure-as-code - You may have experience automating production Linux systems collaboratively, deriving configuration through version control, and are proficient in some of Docker, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, Habitat, Dhall, Terraform, Packer, your own shell scripts. Maybe you've thrown half of that away and use Kubernetes. We do that too.
- A passion for search and the Elastic Stack.
- You’re excited to learn new technologies and don’t mind inheriting code from others.
- You value progress over perfection. You’re adept at building demos and proofs of concepts, and can live with skipping tests.
- You have some exposure to the sales experience where demos play a crucial role, and know what it takes to wow prospects
- Creating new demo content, based on our solution, Elastic Enterprise Search, and search use cases. Building apps, UIs, and thinking of creative ways to exploit and market our technology.
- Improving our automation, build and processes to make demo maintenance easier, more reliable and faster.
- Writing technical blog posts on how to use our technology.
- Maintaining current demos - upgrading them to the latest version of the Elastic Stack and enhancing them to exploit new features.
- Supporting the existing infrastructure and demo environment that provides content for our field.
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Global minimum of 16 weeks in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.