User Researcher (UX Researcher)
Cleo was created to improve your financial health.
Already, she’s helped 3 million people improve their relationship with money through simplicity and a sense of humour.
Cleo’s not a bank though. She’s an interface for the 99% – an AI assistant defining a new category, one that goes beyond saving up to actually changing how we feel about our finances.
Through chat, Cleo hits you with ridiculously personal insights into your spending, while suggesting personalised financial products that increase your ability to save. But really, it’s our tone of voice that sets us apart.
We’re a product for the next generation. That means meeting our users where they are and building the type of relationship they expect. It also means dropping the BS.
You’ll be working day-to-day in a cross-functional squad, working out what makes our users tick, and building products that empower them. You’ll also join our design guild. Right now, we’re four UX Writers, five Product Designers and two User Researchers. We want to build an outstanding research function at Cleo, and you’ll play an important role in determining what that looks like.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading the planning and delivery of different user research projects to help us build new features and iterate on existing ones
- Analysing findings and communicating actionable insights back to your team and the wider business
- Getting your team excited about, and involved in, research at every stage, from drafting interview scripts to live calls with customers
- Ensuring that our designs are customer-centric, running workshops to inform ideation and improvements
- Empowering others in the business to run their own research projects, upskilling them in qualitative techniques
What are we looking for?
You’re someone who cares deeply about understanding other humans and their relationships with money, in all their complex forms. You’ve got a great grounding in both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies, and exercise these to deliver game-changing insights at pace. You’re excited to help everyone learn and test new things everyday.
- You have at least one year of experience running research in a product team or engineering squad
- You can take a problem (however vague or complex), create a research plan and execute it at speed
- You’re comfortable with both qualitative and quantitative methodologies, and know when to apply them
- You have experience with remote testing methodologies
- You’re an excellent communicator, with heaps of empathy
What do you get for all your hard work?
Cleo is an excellent place to work:
An above market compensation package (Base + Equity). We're prepared to pay for the very best
Work at one of the fastest growing tech startups anywhere in the world who are backed by top VC firm, Balderton
The team is exceptional. You'll get to work with brilliantly forward-thinking and dedicated individuals every day
Our mission is standout. We want to radically improve everyone’s relationship with money. We're not maximising the time consumers spend in a feed, getting fast food delivered, or building an incrementally better bank. We're changing an industry in a visceral way, which you get to see every day in our customer feedback.
We are committed to making Cleo a more diverse and inclusive workplace. We are making continuous changes in order to make sure that all voices, especially those of minorities are heard, supported and celebrated. Our work doesn't stop at hiring, and we are providing every employee with training, support and development throughout their Cleo career, alongside training specific to inclusivity.