Associate Product Manager (APM - 2021)
San Francisco, CA
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live and get around our communities. We are looking for Associate Product Managers who bring exceptional creative and analytical skills to drive forward a best in class product. Product management at Lyft leads the integration of engineering, data science, and design to achieve the company’s vision for reinventing transportation.
As an Associate Product Manager (APM), you will dig in to different challenges across the company, gain deep insights, connect with our users, and use this knowledge to not only rethink our existing solutions, but pave the way for our future decisions. The APM Program is a year and half long rotational program where you will join teams across our entire Product organization for two 9-month rotations.
Please note, the start date for this program will be Fall 2021.
We're looking for people who care deeply about others, have the desire to solve big problems, inspire team members around you to get the best results, and are unwilling to accept mediocrity. To develop the next generation of leaders at Lyft, we’re looking for people who:
Build, Ship, Iterate: You’ve built apps, companies, organizations, software, built curricula, or done research to solve real-world problems. You raise the bar in the projects you seek out.
Lead: You’ve led a group to accomplish something incredible. You uplift those around you and motivate people to have an impact.
Empathize with our community: You care deeply about our drivers, passengers, cities, and support agents.
Learn Quickly: You embody a growth mindset. You are hungry to learn whenever you can, take and act on feedback, and easily pick up new skills. You are exceptionally resourceful and scrappy, not afraid to operate in the gray. You thrive in very ambiguous environments.
#MakeItHappen: You bias toward impact, aren’t phased by roadblocks, and stand behind your work.Responsibilities:
- Become an expert in Lyft's strategic and competitive position. Understand your team's products from ideation, through development, to launch, growth and maintenance
- Align diverse partners and teams: engineers, designers, analysts, marketers, partners and operations to guide a shared vision and set your team's goals, success metrics and roadmap to align with Lyft's mission to improve people's lives with the world's best transportation
- Create maximum impact for deliverables based on data analysis, market research and usability studies
- Apply creative solutions, lead the work and reimagine what’s possible in an evolving environment
- Oversee your team’s roadmaps, priorities, experiments and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels
- Current student graduating in 2021; OR a recent graduate within 2 years of graduation (undergraduate or master's). If you have more than 2 years of product management experience, not including PM internships, we encourage you to apply to our general Product Manager roles on the Lyft Careers page
- A deep love and understanding of technology. Either from a degree in a technical field (computer science or otherwise) or from a personal interest
- Experience building products
- Experience in a leadership role and natural ability to empower team members around you and make things happen
- Ability to manage project ambiguity, complexity, and interdependencies in a resourceful, organized, and structured way
- Ability to think analytically and work comfortably with data and metrics. You are able to define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Experience in working with diverse teams and project management from concept through execution and launch
- Thoughtfulness about the dynamics of a product ecosystem
- Intuition for communication strategy at every level -- within teams, within the company, to users, to press, and other audiences
- Ability to conceptualize, manage and prioritize multiple projects for stakeholders
- Detail orientated with superior organizational skills -- balancing multiple projects, deadlines, and requests should be second nature to you
- Passion for Lyft and what we are trying to achieve in sustainable urban transportation
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.