Los Angeles, CA
Niantic Inc., creators of Ingress and Pokémon GO, is seeking an experienced, creative, and artistically talented UI / UX Designer to join our Ingress team in Los Angeles. We are looking for an enthusiastic and accomplished developer who will be able to work with our UI / UX, take it to the next level and encourage players to experience adventures on foot.
- Create consistently high quality UI designs, UX wireframes and user flows for Ingress.
- The UI / UX designer will brainstorm, conceptualize, design and implement user interfaces for mobile platforms.
- Apply and maintain a consistent user look and flow throughout the entire project interface.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional game team, including artists, designers and engineers.
- Execute at all stages of the product from concept to final product launch.
- Proven UI / UX experience on at least one shipped title, or a very strong UI / UX portfolio.
- Strong Graphic Design skills, with a focus on mobile game development.
- Demonstrate good use of typography, iconography, composition, color theory and motion graphics.
- Hands-on experience with implementing interfaces using the Unity engine.
- Experience working from wireframe designs through to final implementation.
- A good knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to create visual/functional prototypes to test design ideas.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of a 3D package, preferably Maya.
- Traditional 2D sketching and composition skills.
- A passion for games and gaming over a variety of genres and platforms.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.