Product Marketing Manager
Remote - US
Are you ready to join a world-class product marketing organization? Our product marketing team is highly cross-functional and sits at the center of Tanium's go-to-market strategy and execution. We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager to be a key enabler for all facets of our go-to-market strategy as it pertains to the Tanium platform. You'll play a critical role on a fast-growing team with the opportunity to make a significant impact in a short period of time. You will be responsible for platform messaging, positioning, sales enablement, new product launches, and collaborating with our partner and demand generation teams to accelerate awareness and revenue growth. You'll be the voice of the customer in how we communicate the benefits of our platform to the world.
Our ideal candidate will be driven, creative, analytical, and extremely well-organized, with a high level of attention to detail. You must have demonstrated experience creating interesting narratives out of complex topics, have excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to influence and drive initiatives across cross-functional teams.
What you’ll do:
- Be the voice of the customer and oversee the marketing of the Tanium platform
- Be the quarterback for the platform go-to-market plan that aligns with revenue goals and develop marketing assets and an overall execution plan in support of major launches
- Analyze the market, buyers, trends, industry-specific problems, and competitors to create strategic positioning that differentiates Tanium as a unified endpoint management and security platform
- Identify target personas, understand their key business problems and pain points, and articulate Tanium’s value proposition to drive desired outcomes
- Work closely with product management, business development, sales leadership, enablement, customer success and marketing teams across all activities
- Leverage strong content creation background to develop content, including sales tools, whitepapers, custom one-sheets, event collateral and thought-leadership content
- Collaborate with the demand generation team to execute targeted campaigns that drive pipeline
- Partner with sales, product etc. to facilitate feedback and drive continuous improvement of the platform positioning, sales enablement tools etc.
- Conduct market research, including buyer interviews to inform marketing content and create actionable insights
- Present to customers, partners, and sales teams
- Travel as needed - roughly 25%
We’re looking for someone with:
- BA or BS in Marketing or equivalent experience required
- MBA strongly preferred
- We are looking for someone who is excited to work in a fast-moving, high growth company for an opportunity to drive revenue growth and advance your career.
- At least 2+ years of relevant work experience that can span across marketing, product marketing, product management, or management/strategic consulting
- Experience crafting go-to-market strategy
- Experience at a business-to-business enterprise software company is ideal
- Experience understanding technology at a deep level and translating to business needs concisely required
- Experience developing presentations and presenting to customers, sales teams, and partners preferred
- Solid experience in positioning work and writing marketing plans for complex products and/or market dynamics
- Strong presentation skills are ideal. Must be comfortable speaking in front of all levels from entry level employees to the C Suite
- You are a team player, knowing how to work well cross-functionally to rally teams around your strategy and plans
- You can balance both the art and science of marketing – having great creative intuition and an insatiable appetite for data and insights
- Understanding of basic branding principles: brand identity, building equity, brand voice etc. a plus.
- You possess excellent business judgment; ability to prioritize independently, overcome blockers, create clarity and move forward even in ambiguous circumstances
- A profound sense of ownership and accountability is required along with the ability to influence (and inspire) sometimes skeptical audiences
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.