Hatfield, Hertfordshire, UK
“Ocado Technology, powering the future of retail through sustained disruptive technology innovation...”
Over the last year, we have witnessed a major transformation for Ocado Technology and the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP). From weathering the pains of customers placing their first orders, to offering an online retail solution that has helped rocket our business to the FTSE 100. Not only are we ‘live’ and successful for a major retailer but we are well underway in realising our vision in becoming the leading retail online platform provider, with four of the world’s leading retailers already on board.
To support our continuing transformation into a major provider of technology services to retailers around the world, we are investing in our product teams. As a member of the Product team you’ll help support the Asset Handling Automation department to be more data driven in their decision making. This will be through building reports and dashboards to enable ongoing measurement and tracking, but also through analytical requests.
This role will report into the Principle Product Manager and will work solely within the Asset Handling Automation Product team. You will work closely with the product team, performing sophisticated analyses in support of feature design and development, as well as providing the support for measuring each area's progress towards both short and long term objectives.
What you'll do:
- Conduct analysis and apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers in a wide and complex set of products.
- Perform analysis to validate requirements and assumptions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to solve problems and identify trends and identify opportunities
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions.
- Produce reports outlining findings for stakeholders with review from senior team members.
- Perform simple data visualisations.
- Query data using SQL and other appropriate data manipulation tools.
- Define sensible product metrics.
- Explore data that is available to answer business questions.
- Apply standard statistical techniques.
- Assess data quality and deal appropriately with data issues
You may be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
What you need to know:
- Strong academic qualifications.
- Strong communication and team working skills.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Problem solver, constantly looking to see how we could do things better.
- Able to structure your work and work independently.
- Experience with spreadsheets, preferably Google Sheets
- Experience with SQL, BigQuery and Data Studio.
Bonus points if you have:
- Commercial awareness.
- Experience with data visualisation tools.
- Experience with business intelligence tools.
- Experience with data orientated programming languages like Python or R.
What we can offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.