Product Manager - Direct Debits Team
We’re looking for a Product Manager to join the North America Regional team based in Tallinn. This is a unique opportunity to join our mission to make money without borders instant, convenient and eventually free for millions of people across North America. You’ll help customers save money by using TransferWise for their international money transfers or managing their money through our borderless account.
Your challenge is to figure out how to reduce the costs of our ACH and EFT products and ultimately drop the price for North America customers through your impact on one of our largest cross-currency routes.
Here’s how you’ll contribute to our North America Regional team:
- You’ll help the team uncover new opportunities to scale up and remove risk from our most commonly used payment methods.
- You’ll develop a deep understanding of our customers’ problems and work with a full stack product development team and many operational teams to solve them.
- You’ll pave the way for quick and iterative development, allowing for teams to execute unblocked and with clear hypotheses.
- You’ll drive out unknowns to ensure efficient delivery of features and tests to prove/disprove your hypotheses.
- You’ll identify and filter out noise to help the team understand what is essential to our objectives and what is not, as well as when and how to course correct or pivot as needed.
A bit about you:
- You have empathy for customers and can quickly identify the problems worth solving, explaining your rationale with data (rather than assumptions and truisms).
- You understand technology and how to build products well enough to be able to help the team know when to invest in tech debt reduction, bugs or new features.
- Have guided scoping discussions and helped a team make sure they execute efficiently.
- Can diagnose problems quickly.
- Can demonstrate structured/effective methods for understanding and quantifying customer feedback.
- Have an understanding which KPI's are addressable and create dashboards for monitoring and actively measuring impact/progress.
- Understand the greater implication of projects and impact to other teams, making clear how our plans will impact teams, customers, regulations or release plans and what dependencies we may face.
Some extra skills that are great (but not essential):
- Knowledge of the US and Canadian payment systems, ACH and EFT.
- You can create SQL queries on your own and build dashboards using BI tools like Looker or Tableau.
- You have worked with external vendors before and you feel comfortable negotiating with them.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.