At InfluxData, we focus on developer happiness and the fastest time to awesome. At the core of this mission is a commitment to open source and the amazing community that contributes to it every day. We are the company supporting InfluxDB, the most popular Time Series Database in the world, and the open source products that power the InfluxData platform.
In this role, you’ll be a Product Manager focused on analyzing data, both in our SaaS cloud product and open source projects. This encompases data exploration, data enrichment and transformations, graphing/dashboarding, and machine learning. Data analysis, exploration and visualization is key to our Time-Series Platform, and you’ll be working closely with the teams at the core of those experiences. Your focus will be on helping to build an amazing next generation data analysis platform and ensuring the performance and reliability of working with data for our users.
You’ll collaborate with our world-class engineers and product team to oversee the prioritization and planning of new capabilities, ensuring the security, and scale of the platform overall, and you’ll be working closely with the team to clarify requirements based on customer and community feedback.
You’ll also need to know how to manage your own time efficiently and work collaboratively with peers in other parts of the organization including documentation, QA, product marketing, support, and developer evangelists. We are a completely remote company, so you will also need to be comfortable collaborating with people located across the world.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive feature development and task breakdowns across multiple development teams focused on our data analysis, query, and user experience teams.
- Participate in weekly agile planning meetings with the engineering teams, during which upcoming features are discussed and prioritized
- Represent our personas and provide needed feedback on new feature design and development to the team
- Give engineers the user context they need to build amazing things.
- Frequently consult with users, sales, and our community members to gather feedback on future product requirements
- Take a hands-on approach for developing demonstrations utilizing the product and highlighting its key differentiators
- Create artifacts to surface valuable information about product developments and progress to the rest of the company
Your skills and experience:
- 3+ years experience as a Product Manager at a minimum (experience with data software is preferred)
- Ability to understand and apply mathematical concepts to data to answer questions
- Experience with a data processing language (SQL, R, Python, etc.)
- Experience in BI/data visualization software (Tableau, Grafana, PowerBI, Domo, Looker, etc.)
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience in large-scale environments, preferably as part of a SaaS or PaaS product
- Superior communication skills; both written and verbal- with the ability to build strong relationships at all levels
- Natural curiosity and ability to understand complex technical systems
InfluxData is the creator of the leading time series database, InfluxDB. The InfluxData platform is built on the open source projects – Telegraf, InfluxDB, Chronograf, and Kapacitor.
We’re a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA and commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.