Principal Product Manager, Supplier Insights Manager
Seattle, Washington, USA
Amazon procures merchandise from thousands of vendors worldwide which enables us to offer the world’s widest selection. Big data, machine learning, and cutting edge cloud computing technologies help automate this process and provide us with the necessary scale to make this happen. This makes it important to provide deeper insights to our retail suppliers on how to operate in our automated environment and influence their capabilities over time so that we can optimize the end-to-end supply chain. The challenge is to do this in a way that is scalable across all of our suppliers.
The Supplier Insights team works to improve the supplier facing systems and tools that power our upstream supply chain to better serve our customers, improve the efficiency of the network, and to position Amazon as a preferred partner for our suppliers. You will be responsible for leading a team of program managers to leverage data and insights to identify supplier operational performance opportunities and to improve the supplier facing systems and tools that power our inbound supply chain. Responsibilities include building and leveraging supplier relationships in order to understand our shared supply chains and relevant pain points; developing scalable mechanisms for supplier communication; leveraging end-to-end knowledge of the inbound supply chain to assist in development of new supply chain products and processes; and assisting with the launch of new products through managing pilots and collecting data and feedback. You will also work collaboratively with internal teams and suppliers to proactively identify products and processes that require improvement as evidenced by supplier performance. You will maintain relationships in Amazon’s Retail operations to ensure continued alignment of supply chain priorities across the organization.
Your daily work will span a variety of activities from engaging internal teams on necessary improvements to supply chain products, processes and systems, engaging with suppliers on key processes, working with Retail on supplier issues and designing long-term roadmaps for achieving supply chain goals. You will also provide anecdotes and insights from suppliers regularly to supply chain leadership. You will get hands on by engaging vendors directly, talking to our retail business leadership, and solving problems that emerge.
· BA or BS in Business, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or Computer Science.
· 7+ years of experience in supply chain program or product leadership.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences across all levels.
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and decisions.
· Experience managing a team, including hiring, mentoring/coaching, and developing top-performers
· MBA or MS in Supply Chain, Engineering, or Business
· Proven track record for developing a vision, defining a strategy, and building programs and features solving complicated problems
· High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs, incorporate feedback, and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
Job tags: Coaching Engineering