Product Manager, Automation
Product Manager, Automation
Product managers at Asana drive Asana’s product strategy and execution, translating customer needs and opportunities into a compelling roadmap and working cross-functionally to deliver impactful solutions for team productivity and collaboration. We’re defining the Work Management category and inventing new ways for teams to work more efficiently together and see the larger purpose behind their work. You’ll work directly with Engineering, Design, User Research, and Data Science, as well as with Sales, Support, and Marketing to ship great product. You’ll take part in every type of product work here — from strategy to product to process improvements — conceptualizing, launching, and iterating on Asana itself for millions of teams around the world.
We are looking for an experienced product manager to join our Automation team and lead the next phase of development for Asana Rules. You’re an experienced product leader who has deep empathy for customers and can inspire the team with a bold vision and strategic plan to deliver. You have experience working across complex systems, and know when to dig in with engineering and design partners to make the right balance of short and long-term decisions. You thrive on cross-functional collaboration and are excited to partner with teams across the company to create the best experience for our customers.
What you’ll achieve
- Define and deliver a compelling vision and roadmap based on customer needs and strategic opportunities
- Partner with Engineering and Design peers to execute on the plan
- Connect the dots across the system to create a cohesive customer experience
- Mentor new PMs and share best practices with the product team
- 4+ years professional experience managing software products from inception through launch and iteration
- Strategic: inspires the company by creating bold, game-changing ideas and delivering them across a set of customer problems
- Get Stuff Done: creates, flexes, and evangelizes a roadmap. Thoughtfully breaks down projects to MVPs to maximize customer value with the least amount of work.
- Customer centric: elicits non-obvious customer needs, synthesizes research to gain a deep understanding and narrow definition of a problem
- Communication and collaboration: co-creates with teammates to deliver high-quality results. Speaks and writes with clarity
- Grow Team Asana: mentors others. Creates great team morale. Shares best practices.
- Growth Mindset: leads with curiosity, open to feedback
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.