Product Owner - Content
I am a Product Owner and part of a Zooplus product team. If you have a pet you could probably have heard about us! Our business was founded more than 20 years ago (1999) and since then we have solidly grown, being the Europe's leaders in e-tailer for pet foot and pet supplies.
As you can deduce for this strong background our teams are continuously looking for strategic improvements in our always-worthier products. With an annual double-digit growth rate, we have already successfully rolled out our business model in 30 European countries!
In the way we manage a great product itself, there are continuously new fancy ideas to develop and motivated people pushing together to enthusiastically accomplish those sustainable growth aims. Nowadays we are looking for a colleague for working in a new and full-of-possibilities era in our Catalog area.
Here I can tell you some of the main things that make me feel good in this company and would be interesting for you.
- We work in teams of around 4 Developers and 1 Product Owner
- Scrum is our way of work, and we feel like agile environment it is not only inside the team, our managers also believe on it and the organization is already aligned to it .
- The environment is very friendly.
- The daily tasks are related to develop new features, maintain team products and improve all the infrastructure we need for it, so we also would like to have a colleague that likes to be cross-functional
- We like to learn and deliver good quality products and for that we think that continuous delivery, clean code and DevOps mindset it is the best way to do it.
- English is the official language of the company, we have mates from other countries inside our teams sometimes or we call to synchronize with other teams located in Krakow or Munich be able to communicate in English is a must.
- Be the responsible Product Owner for the products in the Catalog area owning the development, operation and continuous improvement from MVP to maturity of the products
- Collaborating closely with business stakeholders in Madrid and Munich to drive the vision and roadmap of the products.
- Driving decision preparation and prioritization of business-ready features into your backlog.
- Providing metrics that reflect the increment of value brought to the company through the increments delivered by the teams.
- Using visual management methods and tools using to enforce transparency on your product roadmap.
Skills to create thrills
- Relevant business experience with Content Management Systems and traffic acquisition.
- Solid skills in product management.
- Be familiar with product ideation processes such as Design Sprint or similar
- Skills to create business value propositions to stakeholders. Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Demonstrated experience working in an agile environment.
- Strong requirements engineering skills with the ability to write & slice product backlog items.
- Skills to make visible the evolution of products through business value indicators.
- Skills to take the best decisions based on data to evolve products.
- Ability to understand how technical/architecture decisions impact on the product you own.
- Be able to work with A / B testing tools like VW
- Fluency in English
- Communication skills in Spanish/German is a plus
What we are offering you:
Become a part of our success story and seize the opportunity to take on a real challenge in a dynamically growing company where there is huge scope for development and short decision-making processes. We are offering you a versatile, international-facing role in our motivated team with colleagues from all over Europe. Our Spanish office is at a great location in Madrid, with great infrastructure links. Additionally, we offer many competitive benefits such as:
- Competitive salary
- 28 days’ vacation (plus Dec 24 and 31 when they fall on a labor day)
- Medical insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Free drinks and fresh fruit
- Discount in zooplus shop
Did we make you curious?
Then send us your application in English via our online application form.