Product Designer, Software
US - San Francisco
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,700 employees, sold over 90mm devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego, Salt Lake City and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for a passionate, exceptional, Product Designer to join our mobile Product Design team. You must have strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills, as well as a portfolio that demonstrates a focus on product design.
Please submit a portfolio to be considered for this position and include password.
- Minimum of 3 years professional design experience shipping iOS and/or Android products, ideally in a consumer-facing or health-related environment
- Design-related degree or relative experience
- Able to demonstrate strong conceptual thinking, interaction design chops, and quality craftsmanship
- Portfolio that demonstrates your ability to create digital experiences at scale, grounded in user insights, business acumen, and technical know-how
- Strong, clean visual design sense
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Comfortable with critique and co-authorship
- Ability to work autonomously, and own your individual product areas
- Proficient in standard design and communication tools (Sketch, Zeplin, Google Apps, etc.)
- Experience prototyping: InVision, Keynote, Framer, etc.
- An understanding of the software development process
What you’ll be doing
As a member of the Fitbit Product Design team, you will be a part of the team that designs the Fitbit mobile experience, which includes a focus in driving new health and wellness features. You will be a part of a tight-knit Product Design team, collaborating closely with Product Managers, Software Engineers, Marketers and other business team members.
You will be the primary facilitator of all aspects of the product design process for your projects: project planning, conducting user research (alongside our UX Research team), defining and documenting end-user workflows, illustrating user journeys, running collaborative ideation sessions, and work with our Design Systems team to help deliver pixel-perfect screen designs. Your efforts will directly impact the lives of millions of Fitbit users.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering to appropriately scope and plan design projects
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams to craft elegant, practical solutions to design challenges
- Plan, perform and synthesize user research and testing
- Create screen flows and UI designs for new product features and enhancements
- Create prototypes in order to communicate and test design concepts
- Structure information and functionality in a logical, understandable and accessible way to create a cohesive system architecture
- Participate in design and product team knowledge sharing and process improvement effort
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.