Product Manager- Data and Security Products
Remote - Europe
Product Manager (Oxford or remote - UK/Europe)
GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help build GitHub.
The GitHub security products team is on a mission to secure the world’s software. We’re building tools that make it easy to find, fix and prevent security vulnerabilities, and are deploying them to millions of developers. Our products include GitHub’s dependency scanning, secret scanning, and recently announced code scanning functionality.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to help make code scanning the world’s best loved developer security tool. You will work with the CodeQL team, responsible for code scanning’s underlying analysis engine, and with the code scanning interface team. Your job will be to build a tight feedback loop with our users, understand how to make code scanning deliver real value for them, and then to prioritize and execute on that plan with the design and engineering teams.
- Own the product vision for your area. You will be responsible for specific areas of code scanning and CodeQL, and will need to build the vision for them and ensure it aligns with our overall security strategy.
- Become an expert on the domain, the market, the trends, and the history. Evangelize your vision so all stakeholders are aligned, have context and understand where we are going.
- Represent the customer. Be the champion and voice of customers in every conversation. You will build direct relationships with customers as well as immersing yourself in customer feedback. You will also build processes to ensure everyone on our team understands the needs of our users.
- Manage the roadmap. Make tough tactical prioritization decisions while helping the company think long-term. Build trust with stakeholders by maintaining an understandable, accurate roadmap.
- Collaborate across teams. Your success will require coordination across multiple teams and domains at GitHub. You will play a critical role creating alignment between the code scanning interface and CodeQL teams, as well as working with the wider GitHub organisation. We win or lose as a team.
- Measure success. Own the measures used to define success for your area. Success measures must be defined at the inception of a product and tracked throughout its lifecycle. Make measures visible to all stakeholders and interpret them into actionable conclusions and new hypotheses.
- 2-5 years of engineering, design, product management, or equivalent experience with demonstrated ability to define and deliver products
- Skill and enthusiasm for translating customer feedback into actionable priorities
- Strong organizational skills, both at an individual and team level
- Comfort working in a highly technical domain
- Previous experience working with a software delivery team
- Familiarity with modern software development practices
- Strong analytical capabilities. You excel at and enjoy analysing complex, messy data to draw out actionable priorities
- Demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary teams and projects
- Experience working across organizations with Legal, Accounting, Sales, Marketing, Support, Product, Engineering, and Design
- Experience bringing clarity to situations with a high level of ambiguity
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We have awesome physical offices in San Francisco and Oxford, UK but the majority of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.