Senior UX Researcher
San Mateo, CA, USA
Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
At Snowflake, we’re looking for our first user experience researcher to help us evolve our product offerings.
As the first researcher you’ll not only make a big impact on the product, but you’ll help define the role itself. To start, you’ll focus on a specific product surface in our Apps UI area. You’ll be responsible for identifying opportunities and conducting research to frame and improve our experiences.
One of Snowflake’s key values is putting customers first. You’ll act as a conduit from our customers directly to our design, product, and engineering teams that enables us to consistently deliver experiences that our customers love, because we deeply understand them and their needs.
Snowflake is embarking on a variety of ambitious projects with a world class team. You’ll play a key role in new initiatives and the refinement of existing solutions as a member of the design organization. You’ll work closely with product, design, and engineering counterparts on an ongoing basis.
- Identify research opportunities for a given product area
- Develop research plans collaboratively with design, product, data science, engineering, and other roles
- Use your judgment to identify the best research method for a given problem and determine a realistic scope based on the project goals and timeline
- Lead research projects from start to finish, conducting research yourself and enabling product teams to get involved
- When necessary, identify appropriate research candidates, recruit them, and conduct studies
- Deliver actionable insights that are well-reasoned and presented with a high degree of quality
- Champion research within the organization
- 3+ years conducting user experience research in a fast-paced environment
- Experience collaborating on new products or features from conception to launch
- Deep understanding of research methodologies and the ability to select the best method for a given task
- A strong portfolio of research deliverables that are both actionable and visually refined
- A thorough understanding of user interface concepts, specifically for the web
- Experience collaborating effectively across functions
- Maintaining a growth mindset. Snowflake is a rapidly growing company and the way we work necessarily needs to adapt and improve.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?