Senior Product Manager- Fraud (m/f/x)
At Wayfair, Product Managers are responsible for providing the vision, execution and analysis necessary to delight customers with world-class experiences on our global web sites and apps. The Payments & Fraud teams, in Berlin Germany, are building a state of the art infrastructure to offer our customers the optimal payment experience while minimizing the impact of fraud. This growing cross-functional team is focused on expanding the e-commerce platform with emphasis on efficiency, scalability, and profitability, with real-time impact on the entire organization.
This role presents significant technical, design, and leadership opportunities with enormous potential for business impact. Successful candidates will be highly entrepreneurial, analytical, are creative problem-solvers and come with a wealth of relevant experience.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Product Manager who loves to solve complex technical problems, learns fast, shares knowledge, and balances generating value for our customers with reducing technical debt. We have built a truly cross-functional team of software engineers, data scientists, product managers and data analysts. We aspire for a modern, best-in-class architecture to enable our business to scale to the fullest of our potential.
What You'll Do
You will be at the center of all of the activities in the Fraud team. You will be supporting and empowering the engineering team by defining a product vision, strategy, and roadmap that will guide the team to work on the highest priority problems with the biggest impact for both our customers and for the rest of the business.
You will be responsible for defining the technical details and work with the team building the services related to Wayfair’s network of external fraud prevention partners and APIs. You will have the opportunity to shape the future development of the fraud prevention platform while maintaining a technical relationship with key internal business stakeholders and third party payments providers to ensure effective and efficient collaboration.
What You’ll Need
- Passion about building great products to solve customer and business problems
- Extensive experience in Product Management with strong, direct product involvement in fraud prevention technologies for ecommerce (ideally from experience on the merchant AND vendor side)
- Relevant experience with payments risk systems and methods for preventing fraud
- Proven analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Ability to inspire a team to build new products, iterate quickly from the ideation phase through to launch, and outline how your choices solved problems and moved specific KPIs
- Great spoken and written communication skills - ability to communicate effectively with senior management, tech teams, vendors and line teams
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Extensive network into and reputation among peers in leading e-commerce companies, vendors and industry partners
- Curiosity and an appreciation for relevant disciplines, such as data science and information security
- Ability to collaborate and influence at all levels across business and technology
- Advanced SQL skills (Vertica, SQL Server, BigQuery) and experience in popular BI tools such as Data Studio or Looker or Tableau. Experience with Python is a plus
- Experience in designing solution architecture, working with platforms and API integrations
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.