Austin, Texas, United States
WellSky is seeking a Scrum Coach to join our team to build our next generation solutions that help the most vulnerable members of society lead safe, enriching, and meaningful lives. We are on a mission to elevate personal well being through superior analytics, processes, and engineering. Be a part of transforming the healthcare and wellness industry! Our users are Care Givers, Doctors, Nurses, Social Workers, Chaplains, Administrators, and many others on the front lines of improving outcomes of care. WellSky touch the lives of real people navigating life and death issues with the support of our solutions. We seek to build purpose-driven teams where comradery and compassion are coupled with a dogged pursuit of excellence. Bring passion, creativity and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
A day in the life!
Your day will be:
- Play a key role in ensuring Agile principles are properly implemented and adopted
- Mentor/coach other Scrum Masters and development teams to adopt agile principles, team standards, tools and best practices
- Organize and facilitate daily stand-up meetings, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other agile related meetings
- Identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
- Capture and analyze metrics to aid in determining areas for process improvement
- Radiate information to ensure transparency
- Contribute to team discussions/decisions as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Do you have what it takes?
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of relevant education and experience
- 5+ years working as a full-time Scrum Master working with multiple Scrum teams
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of Agile development principles and best practices (e.g., transparency, continuous improvement, etc.)
- Prior experience as Scrum Coach
- Ability and desire to mentor and coach others
- Advanced problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a good sense of humor
- Experience managing projects for commercial software products (SaaS) desired
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
Do you stand above the rest?
- Experience in using tools like JIRA and Confluence is a plus
Who We Are:
- We have an open environment where highly motivated, ambitious Scrum Masters can help drive innovation.
- We include a diverse group of collaborative & super intelligent teammates to work with and learn from.
- We constantly strive to solve large scale challenges with a variety of technologies.
- We strongly support a work/life balance.
- We believe in giving recognition for doing what you enjoy.
Come help us realize care’s potential!
WellSky is a technology company advancing human wellness worldwide. Our software and professional services address the continuum of health and social care — helping businesses, organizations, and communities solve tough challenges, improve collaboration for growth, and achieve better outcomes through predictive insights that only WellSky solutions can provide. A portfolio company of TPG Capital, WellSky serves more than 10,000 customer sites around the world — including the largest hospital systems, blood banks and labs, home health and hospice franchises, government agencies, and human services organizations. Informed by more than 30 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates providers’ needs and innovates relentlessly to help people thrive. Our purpose is to empower care heroes with technology for good, so that together, we can realize care’s potential and maintain a healthy, flourishing world. For more information, visit www.WellSky.com.
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.