Senior Product Designer
We are an early-stage startup that is hiring an experienced Senior Product Designer to support our growing Product team. We are looking to bring on an individual who wants to positively impact the customer experience through the design of our product. From designing brand new product experiences to collaborating with engineers during implementation, you will be the go-to person for complex design challenges at B12.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will:
- Tackle complex and/or cross-team design challenges by:
- Thinking systematically about all elements of the customer experience.
- Independently designing completely new product experiences.
- Contributing to our design system and identifying new design tools for the team to use.
- Support engineers as new designs are implemented.
- Providing guidance and consultation, creating additional wireframes as needed;
- QAing and product reviewing your new designs as they are rolled out.
- Collaborate closely with Product Leadership to define the overall direction of the product.
- Identify user needs and desires through qualitative research and quantitative insights.
- Create user flows, wireframes, visual designs, and clickable prototypes.
- Mentor a junior designer.
You’d be a good fit if:
- You have 5-8 years of experience in product design.
- You have experience as an independent contributor owning all aspects of the design process from inception to implementation.
- You have worked effectively with cross-functional teams including Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Success, and Sales.
- You are attentive to detail and apply a data-driven approach to understanding what's required for great user experiences.
- You are confident working with Sketch and inVision (considering a move to Figma).
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have a BA/BS/BFA or equivalent industry experience.
- You have experience in web design.
- You have experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a high growth environment.
- We don't have a minimum number of years of experience for this role. We highly favor talent and interest.
- Some candidates may see this list and feel discouraged because they don’t match all the items. Please apply anyway: there’s a good chance you’re more wonderful than you think you are.
- B12 is a safe place for human beings. We particularly encourage you to apply if you identify as a woman, are a person of color or other underrepresented minority, or are a member of the LGBTQIA community.
How to apply
- A pointer to your CV, resume, LinkedIn profile, portfolio, and any other summary of your career so far.
- Some informal text introducing yourself and what you are excited about.
The workplace is undergoing rapid transformation and B12 is on a mission to help people accomplish more at work. Orchestra, the engine behind B12’s Human-assisted AI model, is currently used to help teams of expert designers build and manage beautiful and professional websites. Leveraging AI to streamline complex workflows, B12 delivers superior outcomes for both creative experts and clients who receive a high-touch experience and a self-optimizing website in days. Using intelligent software to automate repetitive tasks, B12 allows people to leverage their expertise where it matters most, paving the way to greater craftsmanship, superhuman productivity, and a brighter future of work. Backed by one of the best human-machine teams in the world, B12 has closed a $12.4M Series A round led by General Catalyst Partners, Breyer Capital, Founder Collective, SV Angel, and more.