Senior Product Designer
Zola is seeking a talented Senior Product Designer to be the customer advocate and interpret customer needs into thoughtful design solutions. Product Designers at Zola are creative thinkers who effectively communicate their ideas and continuously collaborate with product managers, strategists, and engineers to continually innovate at various stages of product conceptualization and design strategy. The role is responsible for creating and overseeing detailed user experience design solutions, prototyping, feature lists, and testing ideas with real users, providing interaction and visual direction from definition to specification. Product designers are measured on the success of their product.
- Lead, define, and communicate the UX direction using appropriate tools to describe intent. This includes: sketches, workflows, wireframes, interaction specifications
- Collaborate with product management, visual designers, marketers, merchandisers, and engineers – apply design principles and user-centered design methodologies to create a great experience for our couples and guests
- Interpret customer needs into effective and thoughtful product solutions
- Create user-centered designs by considering site analytics, customer feedback, and research findings
- Design solutions that drive measurable business objectives
- Bring inspiring ideas into an energetic and collaborative team in a fast-paced environment
- Proven experience leading ‘design-thinking’ and user-centered design practices across multiple functional disciplines
- 3-5 years of product design experience
- A portfolio which demonstrates problem-solving in the various phases of user-centered design
- Excellent communication skills
- Degree in Design-related field
***Title and compensation based on experience***
Zola is the fastest growing wedding company in the country. We're reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples' lives even happier. From engagement to wedding and decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology. All in the service of love.
Headquartered in New York City, our team brings deep experience working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites and mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Yahoo, Amazon, J.Crew, Rent The Runway, Goldman Sachs, among many others. In 2017 the Wall Street Journal named Zola a top 25 Tech Company to Watch, and Forbes named Zola a Next Billion-Dollar Startup.