Product Design Manager, Clarity
We’re looking for an experienced Product Design Manager to lead a talented group of designers on the Clarity Pillar. You’ll be responsible for helping your team focus on the user, coaching them through our process, and making sure that they’re solving the right problems with the best solutions. As a critical member of the San Francisco design leadership team, you thrive on cross-functional collaboration, and actively work to improve the people, product, and process on your team and beyond.
As part of a product-driven and design-led company, you will play a key role in a small team of Product Designers owning core product development, from inception to iteration and post-launch reflection. Asana is helping teams in 195 countries become significantly more productive with our leading work management platform. You will be designing beautiful experiences that make it as simple as possible for millions of users to adopt, use, and benefit from our product, helping us achieve our mission to enable all teams to work together effortlessly.
Asana’s Product Design team is a tight-knit, collaborative group of designers from many different backgrounds who love combining research, data insights, and peer feedback into a user-centered design process. We pride ourselves on having a high Designer to Engineer ratio that enables you to do your best work on a balanced team.
What you'll achieve
- Lead a group of highly talented designers on the end-to-end design process of new features and iterations of an award-winning product (read stories on the Asana Design blog)
- Manage a team of designers by mentoring and creating growth opportunities for those on your team
- Work with Design, PM, User Research, Data Science, and Engineering peers to define goals, objectives, roadmap, and processes, ensuring that all projects are well defined and high impact
- Connect the dots across experiences and teams to create a cohesive customer experience
- Communicate and align with stakeholders, to keep them informed on the team’s progress and goals
- Ensure team members are creating high quality work that delights our customers, helps our teams build more efficiently, and meets company objectives
- Collaborate with design leadership to evolve our process, tools and systems to ensure we’re creating great, consistent work
- Establish team rituals that ensure long term health and team cohesion
- Partner with the Design Pillar Lead and recruiting to expand our team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, and onboarding new employees
- Experience career growth and personal development with world-class mentorship and development programs
- 6+ years experience designing and shipping software products across mobile and web platforms that customers love, 3+ years in a people management role
- Demonstrated track record of building, mentoring, and coaching team members, and leading by example
- Strong product design sense that allows you to fluidly move from high-level strategic conversation to nitty gritty details
- Focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and your company as a whole
- Ability to present and sell your ideas, create coalition, and build support
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and then doing it
- A champion of the user, you ensure that your team actively participates in user research, and that designs are informed by research and data
- Approach problems with curiosity, and excitement to learn and grow your skills
- Experience leading product design efforts in B2B/SaaS space a huge plus
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.